Started by Telephone Mike, May 21, 2012, 11:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telephone Mike

More

Telephone Mike

One more, having trouble with the pics

AE_Collector

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 22, 2012, 04:56:50 PM
Ken/Terry....very impressive indeed....you can teach an old doug a new trick  ???

Even more impresssive in my mind is the pictures and scans that Stub posts on here......and he uses dial-up internet!

Mike: How about inside the transmitter end of the handset? I'm assuming that it is just like a regular type 41 handset but can we have a picture of the capsule front and back as well as the spot it sits in? Not asking for much am I?

Terry

Doug Rose

I'd like to see it apart as well.....many thanks....Doug
Kidphone

Telephone Mike

No problem, I'd like to find out about this as well.  Notice the notch in the cup in pictures 1 and 3.  There is one on each side and they fit over the ears that hold the transmitter in place as seen in picture 6 and that keeps the cup from turning. 

AE_Collector

Very easy to see how this design to keep the cup from spinning came about from the predecessor type 38 handset that was used on AE 1, 34, 35 and others.

Thanks for the extra pictures. Thinking about it more, I don't believe that I have one of these. It was a black brass banded (rather than chrome banded) handset that I was thinking of. They are rare as well but not as rare as this one.

Terry

rdelius

I think  AE called this the Sound booster .

AE_Collector

I wonder then if it wasn't part of the progression of the 41 handset but more of a specialty item to cut background noise or something similar?

Terry

stub

rdelius ,
      Your right rdelius, pics are from a photocopy of AE 4055 C  1940 catalog, pg 55 , showing # 10 and #11 other info is same Catalog pg 7. These were available on the 1940's AE 40 , 50 and 34A3B .
Terry,
       Your right also on the specialty item , it was for extremely long lines and in the 4055 F catalog it looks like you could get that handset by request on several AE phones- 40,43, 44, 50. I have one in black trim. stub  
                                      Sorry it took almost a year to get back to this thread

Kenneth Stubblefield

Dan/Panther

Isn't that pretty much the same handset as used on the RedBar, but with a different transmitter spit cup, and bands added ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

stub

Dan/Panther ,
                 That pic is a AE type 41 handset as far as I can tell , I thought the one that goes on a redbar, the band was narrower and the trx and rec ends on the handset were bulbous?
                 Hey , you gonna visit TN this year?   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Dan/Panther

Stub;
We are considering a move there.
I have two Redbars, and they have different hand sets. One may not be original. The one I posted is from a metal body.
Here are shots of both. Is either correct, I'm not an AE guy. The second photo looks just like the one posted doesn't it ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

stub

Dan/Panther ,
                     Your 1st pic (CIMG1939) is a AE type 41 handset. The 2nd pic (CIMG1940) looks like correct Kellogg handset. I have seen them with the WE  F1  handset on them also.    stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Jim Stettler

I agree with stub, KE receivers also came with a couple of different spit cups

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.