News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AECo "Monophone Tool"

Started by AE_Collector, October 17, 2011, 01:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I am keeping one phone and selling the tool and the monophone tomorrow on eBay...Doug
Kidphone

stub

Doug,
        Your phones are one station (cat # AM-72 compact wall telephone) of AE's Type 33A18, 10 station Intercom System powered by 12 V DC with 12V DC buzzers for signaling, AE Catalog 4033 pg. 9 .
        Sweet fine!!!!!!   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Doug Rose

Quote from: wds on August 24, 2013, 12:05:25 PM
I'm moving to your side of the country so I can get some of the great phones you keep finding.
Dave...the early bird catches the worm! Usually at the Flea market before the sun comes up. Every Saturday are yard sales. Today was the pits, five hours with not much to show. There are a lot of zeros before getting a hit. My average is well below the Mendoza line, but recently a few solid hits....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: stub on August 24, 2013, 03:11:31 PM
Doug,
         Your phones are one station (cat # AM-72 compact wall telephone) of AE's Type 33A18 10 station Intercom System, AE Catalog 4033 pg. 9 .
         Sweet fine!!!!!!   stub
thanks Stub...Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

It's all a numbers game, Keep looking, keep asking and ye shall find the good stuff.

Pass out a lot of cards as you hit the yard sales. I have bought some good stuff from cards that were passed out years before. Perseverance is the Key to finding the  good stuff.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

dsk

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 24, 2013, 07:34:56 AM
I found two NOS AE monophone extension phones new in the box. The seller almost threw away the tool as he didn't know what it was....Doug
I wouldn't have known either. Whats this tool for, and how do you use it?

dsk

DavePEI

Quote from: dsk on August 25, 2013, 04:14:06 AM
Quote from: Doug Rose on August 24, 2013, 07:34:56 AM
I found two NOS AE monophone extension phones new in the box. The seller almost threw away the tool as he didn't know what it was....Doug
I wouldn't have known either. Whats this tool for, and how do you use it?

dsk
See: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5596.0

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

stub

Doug ,
          Can you post pic of the insides of handset? The base matches the AE Intercom ( Inter Phone that Dave mentioned)) but the handset looks like a regular type 38. Thanks,  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Doug Rose

Stub...where this is NOS I really don't want to try to open it and cause any damage. I have never used one of the monophone tools...Sorry...Doug
Kidphone

jfrutschy

I seen your tool on eBay the other day didn't pay attention to the sellers name...haha the phone kid, should have known Doug.   As many ae 50's you have done I am surprised your parting with it.  If it wasn't for the ae 35 I just got, I would be all over it.

stub

Doug,
         I don't blame you ,I think I got enough info from e-bay photos. Thanks,  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Jon Kolger

Sorry to join this thread so late, but I just got back from the ATCA show in Indiana.  Doug, were these tools packaged in with the telephones, or were they just extra?  I'm just curious if these tools originally were supplied with the telephones, or if they were ordered separately.

Doug Rose

Jon....only one tool and the seller had it separate so I am not sure. Owner did not know what it was and almost tossed it....Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

Jon, I believe this tool was ordered separately:

"Cat. No. AW-17--Monophone Tool
For removing Monophone switch spanner nut on Type 50, 1A, 4A, 8, 18, and 10 Monophones, and on "Two-line" and bracket Monophones. Also for removing receiver cap bushing on Type 38 handsets."

Dial and Monophone Tools
page 44, AE Catalog 4055-D, 1944.

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/component/docman/doc_details/11195-aeco-catalog-4055-d-1944-ocr-r?Itemid=2

Also shown:

"Cat. No. AW-18--Monophone Cradle Wrench
For removing cradle from Type 1A, 8, 10, and 18 and Two-line Monophones.

"Cat. No. AW-13--Dial Escutcheon Lock Tool

"Cat. No. AW-14--End Wrench For Dial
For dial governor nut, and large impulse cam nut.

"Cat. No. AW-15--Socket Wrench for Dial
For small impulse cam nut.

"Cat. No. AW-16--Dial Pliers
For adjusting dial springs and governor."

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Jon Kolger

Thanks for all that info.  That's very interesting.  I have what I think is an AE cradle wrench, but it is marked "H-43173-1".  I bought it at a phone show about 10 years ago.  It works on most of the AE cradle nuts that I have tried, but not all the nuts have the same outside diameter.  I've had at least one nut that the wrench would not fit as it was slightly larger, or perhaps the notches were not cut as deeply as they should have been.  I will add a photo of my wrench.