News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Programming phone numbers into a touch a matic

Started by oldguy, March 29, 2018, 03:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

I picked up this touch a matic & have no idea how to program phone numbers into it. does anybody out there know?
Gary

jsowers

This video, from the Bell System in 1980, tells you everything you'd ever want to know about the TAM12. The woman looks like skater Dorothy Hamill with that hairdo. The video is a good example of how throrough the research was from the Bell System. They even mention the average annual income of the people who would be good customers of the device. Imagine--it cost a small monthly fee each month! This was a few years before divestiture and they had marketing down pat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlBnKdCwB6E

I think maybe the instructions are underneath the clear window and paper label that go over the buttons. You will need a 9-volt battery to keep the numbers in memory. Yours is built into the phone and the video is about the model that plugs into any phone, but they should be identical in how they work.

Be sure to wash all the Skin-So-Soft off your fingers so they don't slip off the buttons.  ;)
Jonathan

HarrySmith

Yes, I knew the instructions were there somewhere but I could not recall where. Under the label!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

oldguy

Thanks guys, yes Harry, under the paper were the names go.
Gary

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

paul-f

For more info, check out the BSPs in the TCI Library

503-400-100 and 503-400-200
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

oldguy

Gary