News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Teletrainer in use in a classroom

Started by Russ Kirk, April 16, 2018, 05:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Kirk

Does anyone have old photographs of a teletrainer in use in the classroom?

Thanks,

Russ
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Russ Kirk

No, I have never seen these images.  Thanks!
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

19and41

I went to grade school in a school built in 1886.  It had the original desks.  It was fun trying to get the trainer to sit easily on the slanted wood tops of the cast iron desks.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

AL_as_needed

Quote from: 19and41 on April 17, 2018, 02:40:47 PM
I went to grade school in a school built in 1886.  It had the original desks.  It was fun trying to get the trainer to sit easily on the slanted wood tops of the cast iron desks.

...when I was in school, the desks were particle board and plastic.....not as classy. Worst  of all there were no tele-trainers either  :(
TWinbrook7

Jim Stettler

My Tele-Trainer tale:
I was in kindergarten in 1966. Mountain Bell brought a green Tele-trainer and 2 telephones sets to teach us about telephones. The set upo in the basement by the steam boiler and we took turns playing with a green 500 , then operator position on the teletrainer and then  on the green 1500.

I thought it was so cool I wantend a teletrainer from that point on.

Fast forward to 1971, my friend was bragging they had gotten a TT telephone. this made the second TT set I had seen. I was surprised since his phone had 2 extra buttons.

Fast forward to the early to around 1992-3. A buddy of mine found a phone item on his birthday that he gave to me 4 days later on my birthday, It was a green teletrainer with the samsonite case. The case had a dymo lablemaker label that said number 1. I think this was the teletrainer I coveted in kindergarten. I still have it.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Key2871

Until t saw them on flea bay, I never knew they had them.
Boy it would have been cool to use one as a kid.
KEN