News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

VOIP adapter with pulse dialing and REN of (at least) 1?

Started by AMCer, March 08, 2020, 09:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMCer

I see several lists of VOIP adapters that support rotary phones.  I have bought several but, the problem I have now is the ATAs that I have don't have enough power to ring the bells.

Can someone tell me the model of adapter that supports pulse dialing AND will ring the phone ringers?

Jack Ryan

Quote from: AMCer on March 08, 2020, 09:45:54 PM
Can someone tell me the model of adapter that supports pulse dialing AND will ring the phone ringers?

Of what phone?

I have several ATAs - some support pulse dialling, others don't. They all ring at least one and usually more phones. I have used residence sets, Bakelite and plastic phones - they all rang. Obviously the electronic ringers all ring too.

I don't know which phones you are having trouble with or which ATAs you have tried.

Jack

countryman

On my 302 it helped to release the bias spring to the loosest position.
On my AVM Fritz Box VOIP router it works fine then.

Jack Aman

X link bttn has true 5 REN.  In my house, it rings six old WE phones--three 302's and two 202's and one 102.  The 202's and 102 are on 685 subsets.  Rings them strongly, and that is without the "extra ringing power" that you can set in the software.  Actually my wife wants me to disable some of the bells.   In addition, you can adjust pulse detection for sluggish dials, foreign dials, whatever.  Dialing over all my old phones works perfectly whether the call goes out over the cell link or the VOIP.  You can even dial "1". "2", whatever to navigate answering/voicemail trees.   The cell-to-home phone function is just a bonus--although it works very well.  We have "landline" (VOIP) calls announced by the standard North America ring.  My wife's cell by the British "ring-ring" pattern, and my cell by a short-long pattern that I set in the software. Highly recommend.