News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NOS WE F3 Handset Dated 10 67 Really Late

Started by Doug Rose, March 21, 2018, 09:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

NOS WE F3 Handset Dated 10 67 Really Late in the game. 500s sets had been out for 17 years. Why was this made so late and not a G3 style push to talk. I have seen this on space savers. Kind of cool, never used. Found it in the Dungeon looking for something else....go figure  :o ....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Cool find...especially for something you already owned! :o

I would guess that this was made as an E1/F1 replacement for radio controllers using H1/D1/B1 platforms. Since the G series handsets couldn't possibly fit in the cradle of anything pre-500, they kept building the handsets to keep push-to-talk phones in service, or to convert existing phones to something needing the push-to-talk feature.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 21, 2018, 09:57:39 AM
NOS WE F3 Handset Dated 10 67 Really Late in the game. 500s sets had been out for 17 years. Why was this made so late and not a G3 style push to talk. I have seen this on space savers. Kind of cool, never used. Found it in the Dungeon looking for something else....go figure  :o ....Doug

Sometimes it is easier/cheaper  to keep an old system in place vs upgrading it Radio stations still use 1A2 stuff in the control room.
Just a guess,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Thanks guys....I am always taken back by the sheen of a NOS phone or part.....Doug
Kidphone