News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kellogg Redbar ring adjustment

Started by Perry, October 12, 2008, 07:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perry

I recently picked up a very nice Kellogg 1000 "Redbar" phone. It rings on incoming calls, but the ring is rather odd. Each ring consists of three short rings or notes, if that makes sense. Does anyone know if this is adjustable so that each ring is only one note? Or, is there an easy way to turn off the ringer? I have several other vintage phones in the house, so it wouldn't be a bad thing if one of them is quiet. Thanks.

bingster

Welcome to the forum, Perry!

Do you happen to have your phone service through the cable company?  I do, and mine ring that way sometimes, too.  With mine, I think it depends on the phone number being called, as sometimes the phones will ring a standard ring, while other times they will ring a stuttering ring.  And the stuttering ring can be a triple ring, like you've described, or it can be a sort of party line ring with one long and two short or some other odd combination.  I've never figured out why the system works that way.
= DARRIN =

Perry

My phone service is through Verizon Fios. I have a few other vintage phones in use (WE 500 & 302, North Electric Galion) and these all have a standard ring (which makes it sound a bit odd combined with the Kellogg's triple ring).