"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bargain GPO Phone on Ebay Now

Started by LarryInMichigan, November 23, 2013, 08:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

ebay link

This is the Israeli versions of the British GPO model 706.  Finding a British one for this price (with shipping) outside of Europe can be a challenge.  

Larry

WesternElectricBen

TelePlay

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on November 23, 2013, 08:53:49 PM
Already sold for 19.90

Ben

It didn't "just sell," it's been or has been on eBay since November 20th when it was first listed about 7 pm. I was wondering why it wasn't selling but as soon as Larry posted it, someone snapped it up, 3 days after it was first listed.

WesternElectricBen

LarryInMichigan

It wasn't sold when I posted about it, so someone probably saw it here.  My Israeli 706 is almost the same internally as the British version and identical externally.  Shipping from Israel is about 1/3 or 1/4 the cost of shipping from the UK.  Shipping from some eastern European countries is also cheap.  Unfortunately, shipping from the UK, France, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, and other countries in that area as well as from Australia is quite expensive.

Larry

TelePlay

No, it wasn't sold Larry when you posted it. I had it on my "watch list" in eBay for 3 days and used that link to get to the auction. Was surprised that it was still for sale. It seems to have sold a few hours after you put it up as a deal. Someone saw your post and jumped on it.

For posterity, it sold for $19.90 BIN with free shipping.

twocvbloke

When I looked at t half an hour after this thread was posted, it was sold, so someone was watching the forum... :D

Still, it's a good way to get rebranded GPO phones, they're usually identical inside, unless it's the later ones they had over there which were heavily cheapened... :D

LarryInMichigan

For what it's worth, here is a link to the post about my black Telrad GPO 706: forum link.  I took this phone off of the display shelf last night and placed it on my desk to use.

Larry