"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

500 H/P/U- Why so scarce?

Started by Nilsog, August 09, 2011, 08:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

Jonathan:

A yellow smooth cord? Aren't those made of unobtainium (also spelled unobtanium)?   ;D ;D ;D

I have one in rose beige with a painted strain relief, which is common, but yellow ranks up there with red in scarcity.   :(

Jorge

jsowers

Yes, Jorge, those cords are exceedingly rare. And the unobtainium in the yellow ones makes them fade to an ivory color, so they're not easy to identify, like a chameleon. I know the more I say, the more Dennis' trigger finger will get itchy. If ever another yellow straight cord comes up for bids, we will all be up against Dennis and his bidding trigger finger, which has years of training behind it. ;)
Jonathan

Dennis Markham

Aw, who wants one of those old straight (smooth) yellow handset corded 500's anyway?  Maybe this weekend I'll stumble onto one at the local flea market. :)

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Dennis Markham on August 12, 2011, 05:57:10 PM
Aw, who wants one of those old straight (smooth) yellow handset corded 500's anyway?  Maybe this weekend I'll stumble onto one at the local flea market. :)

or a red AE40?  ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

Jon Kolger

Thanks for saving those photos Paul.  I didn't even keep any in my own files. 

AE_Collector

Quote from: rdelius on August 10, 2011, 06:40:33 PM
AE might have had a version of the type 80 that had a lighted dial. I had a full sized AE dial that the number shroud was clear plastic and reverse painted. There was an electro luminsecent disc like on the Starlite
Robby

I know this is old but, yes AE had an AE 82 with electro-luminescent disk illumination of the full size dial/number plate. VERY RARE. I have an Ivory AE 82 that I snagged on ebaY.

Terry