News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

military phone replacement magneto

Started by RB, November 15, 2017, 04:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RB

I have one of those green military phones, pt-22 or something like that.
the mag does not put out anything, and I can't take it apart.
is there a replacement available?
thanx.

dsk

Sorry, have no source for that but when you get it out, you should be able to take it apart.
dsk

RB

got it out no problem. it seems to be a pressed together mag.
can't find a way to dis assemble the case...yet :)

rdelius

Are you sure it is pressed togather, I have a threaded one and the can and block come apart.This magneto was used in most postwar sets and switchboards.common and should not be expensive

RB

That would be nice.
I will try to unscrew the can from the block.
Tried that before, with no success.
maybe just need to grunt harder?
any source of replacements in case I ruin it tryin to get it apart?

dsk

I'm not sure if this goes: http://www.signalcenter.com/commo/ebaylist/38g25gen/38g25gen.html If not Steve Hilsz the dial repair guru may know. I am impressed of what he is able to solve.

dsk

RB

Thanks DSK!!! looks like I can get most everything i need from that one websight!
Awesome  :D

dsk

By the way, looks like you have a field telephone like TA-43/PT or TA-312/PT only difference for those is the possibility to use a headset or a keypad on the TA-312/PT.

I guess the generator not is meant to be serviceable, but if you get off that black cylinder, I guess it is pretty equal to the pictures over, and you may put on a part of a soda bottle or even nothing when it works, that telephone housing is pretty sealed as it is. The EE- phones had no such cover and has survived in great numbers. 

dsk

dsk

That circuitry will be nice for your home-made switchboard.
The generator will give you the ringing current, and the potted network may be used for the operators phone.

dsk

RB

mine has the connector for the headset/keypad.
found it in an antique store recently, along with 2 wood box phones.
This one has seen some use. the cord is splitting, the key switch on the hand set needs replaced, and the generator turns freely, but makes no voltage.
and the hook switches are burned.
gonna try to get the housing off the gen tonite. hope it is only a bad switch???
Thanks for the help!

RB

Hmmm...didn't think of it as an op phone, nice!