News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

George's phone collection

Started by phonium, May 22, 2019, 12:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phonium

My phone collection space is a little messy so I have to use 4 pictures. I will probably get more so I will post more pictures when I get more phones.
George Amores
ATCA#4857

RB

Nice collection.
You are off to a great...Start!
It will only multiply from here! ;)

Key2871

Indeed, you are off to a great start. Congratulations on your phone collection. And welcome.
KEN

HarrySmith

Great start. You can probably find the parts you need to complete the WE phones here. I may have a faceplate for the 2500 that is missing one. It may not be the right color but it would fill the hole. There is also tons of info her about restoring phone so you could pretty them up.  Welcome to the forum. You have found the best place on the net for everything related to old phones! I usually warn new members about Phoneitis but it is clearly too late for you. You are already infected. It is a progressive, incurable disease. The only treatment is more phones :D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

phonium

Quote from: HarrySmith on May 22, 2019, 02:58:18 PM
I may have a faceplate for the 2500 that is missing one. It may not be the right color but it would fill the hole.

If I could get that faceplate that would be great.
George Amores
ATCA#4857

HarrySmith

Let me dig through my pile of parts, I will let you know in a few days.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

david@london

Hi George,

you have some nice phones there. I especially like the two Western Electric D1 desk sets shown in the first picture. It's a sought-after phone - one I'd like to have, but you rarely see them here in England.

As Harry says, there's a ton of great info on CRPF relating to pretty much every aspect of vintage telephony.

FABphones

Hi George, and welcome to CRPF. You have some great phones in your collection.

If you need to know anything telephony related you have come to the right place to ask and learn.
And remember, use the search facility at the top of the page. You will find good threads containing well researched info, restorations and more. Lots of photos too.

Enjoy!  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

phonium

And this is my Lego phone collection
Also, does anyone have a spare handset for the white 2500
George Amores
ATCA#4857

phonium

Quote from: david@london on May 22, 2019, 06:20:09 PM
I especially like the two Western Electric D1 desk sets shown in the first picture. It's a sought-after phone - one I'd like to have, but you rarely see them here in England.
The one on the left is in terrible condition, so I am restoring it.
George Amores
ATCA#4857

oldguy

Great start. Now phoneitis will take over.
Gary