News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

300 Series Dial Blanks - Auction Ended

Started by Dennis Markham, February 07, 2015, 09:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

I knew these would be a good seller.  I just didn't realize how good.  Congratulations to Steve Hilsz on this auction.

www.ebay.com/itm/111589958668

Steve's description:

Here are four original Western Electric dial blanks for the #302 or #354 and similar color telephones, The condition is overall good, with a good finish. The dark blue blank has faded a bit towards a greenish tinge, there is a hairline crack in the ivory blank. There are no mounting screws with these blanks, but the terminal screws are present. Once a collector has assembled a collection of #302 or similar phones in rotary dial, it is always fun to supplement the collection with phones in Dial Blank. Not a lot of the blanks survived, but here is a little selection with one each of Pekin Red (there is no "G" in the word  in original catalogs), Old Rose, Ivory, and Dark Blue. These blanks will ship in First-Class Mail, domestically. Thank you for looking.

"Slight fading to greenish-blue on the dark blue dial blank. Good polish on all blanks but dirty on the reverse side. Hairline crack on the ivory dial blank. No screws."

WEBellSystemChristian

I sent a PM to Teleplay about making that auction into an auction contest, but there were a little over three days left in the auction and there wasn't enough time from him to create a contest.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 07, 2015, 09:58:13 PM
I sent a PM to Teleplay about making that auction into an auction contest, . . .

Yes, you did and who would of known that two snipers in the last 10 seconds of the auction would drive the price up from the low $200s to the low $600s. Both of the snipes were the first and only bids by those two bidders. I bet the guy who came in second is shaking his head for not going in a lot higher than $610.

Had it been a 7 day auction, it might have been a contest.

Mr. Bones

I was bidder $220.00, 4th down.

Watched it roll to $660.00 in a few secs.... Zoinks! :o Guess somebody was wantin' them. ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

unbeldi

no one, or rarely any one, beats that winner.

Mr. Bones

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus