News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SA 10: Model 260 Dial Speed Adjustor Tool Special Auction Contest - Ended 03-29

Started by TelePlay, March 22, 2015, 08:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

BSP C34.103 Issue 1 August, 1954 Station Dials 2 4 5 6 7 Types Maintenance is in TCI Library.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

HarrySmith

Thanks, great detail on how to use it. Saved in my WE folder!
I was thinking of something about the tool itself, with measurement & specs. May be able to extrapolate measurements using the dial as a scale if it is actual sixe??
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Quote from: Kenton K on March 25, 2015, 02:16:39 AM
I was planning on trying to make one out of sheet metal, cut and bent. Should be pretty simple. I'd imagine its just four prongs that hold the governor. I'll try to make one in the shop.

Wouldn't a piece of flat brass from a hobby store be better? Just asking. Seems brass would be a bit softer so easier to bend and file and more compatible with the WE part being adjusted.

Kenton K

Yeah, by sheet metal, I meant brass. I have access to my high school robotics lab show, so basic tools and machinery. Well see how easy it is to make.

KK

DavePEI

This is one tool I would like to see reproduced. I would definitely buy one, and it doesn't look as though it would be difficult to produce in quantities ....
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Russ Kirk

Well, my first guess it blown out of the water.

Can I change my guess to $125?

If TCI makes one of these I will buy one!
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

TelePlay

The winner of this Special Auction Contest is tallguy58 who with the 9th guess of the contest offered a winning guess of $118.00 to get his first win in the Special Auction Contest Standings. The item sold for $127.50 in a snipe by 9***0 ( 938 ) seven seconds before the auction ended which was greater than a snipe bid placed with 4 seconds to go.

Check out the Special Auction Contest standing page to see who else has won in the 10 CRPF Special Auction Contests to date.

An honorable mention goes to Russ Kirk who offered a revised guess of $125.00 but, in these special auction contests, revised guesses aren't allowed, sorry.

--------------------

From the first post of this topic:

All I ask is that guesses be at least $2 dollars apart, one guess per player (can't revise a guess) and no guesses will be accepted with less than 12 hours to go in the auction, special rules for a special contest . . .  ;)