"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Introduction

Started by HarrySmith, May 11, 2010, 06:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Hello Fellow Phone Guys,
I just joined this forum about a week ago and got several welcome messages after I made my fist post today so I thought I would introduce myself. I see a lot of familiar names here as I have been a member at ATCA & TCI for a little more than a year now. I got bitten by the phone bug only about a year and a half ago. My wife and I buy collectibles and interesting stuff at auctions, estate sales and garage sales and then sell them on eBay. I bought an old crank phone at an auction because I thought it was neat looking. In trying to idenify it I found the TCI club and joined to get some info. I found out it was an Erriccson Magneto phone from around the turn of the century. I cleaned and polished it and sold it for twice what I paid for it. Next thing you know I get 2 more phones at auction and then I bought a lot from an ex-collector of about 28 phones for next to nothing off Craigslist. Then a 555 switchboard off Craigslist and off to the races! I am collecting 500's in all colors both hard & soft and eventually want to hook them up to the board. I was born in Stamford Connecticut and now live in Coral Springs Florida. I am glad I found this forum, looks really interesting & fun!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Harry....Welcome! You will find this a friendly and knowledgeable place. Its a lot of fun. Everyone here has a great passion for telephones....Doug
Kidphone

JorgeAmely

Harry:

Welcome to the forum. I like your Rose Beige avatar.
Jorge

Kenny C

welcome to the family
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Jim Stettler

Hi Harry,
Glad you found us I hope life has beeen nice.
I think the forum is much funner than the listservers. I have been with the ATCA list for  a very long time. and I was Beta w/ TCI.

The forum is very fun, The listservers used to be fun, They got stuffy before you joined. This forum is still fun.
That is why I have been hanging  here.
JMO,
Jim

PS this forum is more likely to answer the questions that you will ask....
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dan

Welcome Harry, you are in the right place for phone fun!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

bwanna

hello harry & welcome!

glad you find our little corner of the world interesting.

i do the whole auction/garage/estate sale circuit too. isn't it great when you can turn fun into profit. :D
donna

Greg G.

Welcome!  I've been collecting phones about the same amount of time as you.  In fact, I just looked it up, Jan 09.  I should start keeping track of what I paid for each phone.  I'm afraid to sell any now because I don't know what I paid for them.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

mienaichizu

John S