News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Evidence of an angry caller - Ebay 554

Started by RotarDad, January 10, 2017, 12:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotarDad

I'm sure we've all "hung up" with a bit of extra force at least once in our lives.  However, this SC 554's last user was particularly upset when this receiver was slammed down.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282321005997

With a bit of care, it might bend back without breaking...
Paul

AE_Collector

A "Can we count on your vote" political call a couple of months ago no doubt!

Terry

unbeldi

The bend looks more like the user was a heavy Alt-Right.. uhm, ...activist.

andre_janew

If it had been one of those plastic switch hooks, it would've sheared off!

Phonesrfun

Back in my younger and dumber days (Early 20's I think), I hung one up so hard it ripped it off the wall.  I was being kind of angry.   

It was an AE wall phone, not an AE 90, but the all plastic smaller phone that was pretty much a wall version of the Starlight.  I don't recall the model number.

The point to this is that even though it pulled the phone right off the wall and dangling by the inside wire, it did not hurt the plastic case one bit.  Plus, it was not a modular wall jack.  The phone was actually screwed into the wall.  Probably flimsy screws.

My young wife was not impressed, but we are still together.

-Bill G

AE_Collector

192 Starlite Wall Phone or Compact Wall Phone (Starlite Desk is 182)

Terry

AL_as_needed

I can remember taking the handset cord on the WE 554 that was in the back shop of my grandparent's hardware store and pulling it as far as it would stretch and let it snap back across the room. Was quite fun until I did so when someone was using the extension at the front desk and were interrupted by a "thwack" when the handset flew off the hook and hit the floor.

A lot to be said for how tough these things were built to be.
TWinbrook7