News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need help with getting my NE payphone to work with Stan's controller

Started by tanderson78, October 06, 2017, 12:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanderson78

I've had one for about two years and still can't get it wired correctly.  The gang here has helped me with the correct diagrams, but I'm trying to get it working with a different tt pad which is not compatible with the 46 year old network.  I'd be happy to get it working with a 2500 desk phone dial and network.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

trainman

all touchtone pads are compatible, unless the pad is defective. tt pad for payphones are slightly different. a one from  stndrd phone may not work correctly

tanderson78

That's what I thought. A pad is a pad is a pad. I figured a newer pad might actually work better because it would not need to be tuned. With that in mind, do I not have the pad wired correctly to the network or do I have a bad Network? Food for thought.

Payphone installer

The answer is when you  interject anything into a telephone circuit that was not there before you have changed it. You say all touchstone pads are compatible, says who? I cannot use certain dial pads on certain payphones because they are not compatible. I can not use a dial wired for dial tone first with a payphone wired for coin first. Good luck

tanderson78

I stand corrected. I did just purchase a n.e. tt pad for a payphone of that period off ebay and will give that a try.