"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Royal Flush

Started by Dave F, October 17, 2011, 03:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old_stuff_hound

Quote from: GG on November 09, 2011, 03:15:35 AM
For which reason, if you have a new toilet on an old sewer line, you may find the line gets clogged more often than it did before.  The preventive solution to this is to flush twice when any solid material is involved. 

Perhaps, but in our case it is just the reverse -- the old toilets were forever clogging. That's why they got tossed. The new ones have been no problem.

Quote from: GG on November 09, 2011, 03:15:35 AMIn general the efficiency of "systems" depends on all of the components being "tuned" to each other.

Agreed. I see this a lot with inexperienced engine builders. Big carbs and maybe a big cam with no head work, and then they wonder why it performs poorly. Everything needs to be "matched".

Dave F

Quote from: Bill on November 07, 2011, 12:25:31 PM
The thread seems to have wandered away from "low flow toilets". Maybe it was never intended to be there. But I'll toss in my 2 cents worth.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Actually, it originally was a tribute to the old-fashoned, can-do, virile, he-man toilets, but it's always interesting to see just where these Forum threads lead.

Dave