and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stub's AE Telephone Collection

Started by stub, December 08, 2009, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Ryan

Quote from: stub on September 04, 2019, 11:22:48 PM
Jack,
       Yes, on the paint being removed . They are all black as far as I know . Yes it is the larger version 8 1/2 " tall and 6 1/2 " wide on the door. It is the series circuit with the DC receiver. I have one of the smaller versions with the nickel plated A hookswitch somewhere in the shop , and one with the IC on the door.

I haven't seen that configuration before. The original series circuit was always (I thought) in the smaller cabinet, those converted to booster had a small cabinet with the IC mounted to the door and those made with a booster circuit (usually) came in the larger cabinet. Same sort of thing with the subsets, booster subsets came in larger cabinets. As far as I know, the larger cabinet was needed so the IC could be mounted on the back wall of the cabinet.

Yours has a larger cabinet and a pre 1918 series circuit configuration. Pity there are no catalogues around that list this equipment.

There is also a metal cased version of this telephone. It has a metal door and sides and a wooden back.

Thanks
Jack

Jack Ryan

Here is a metal AE residence set.

stub

Jack,
        That's a sweet AE residence set !!!!! I have seen them before on the e-place and wondered if they were real or not. Do you mind if I save the pic in my pictures? Thanks , stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Jack Ryan

Quote from: stub on September 05, 2019, 12:45:59 AM
Jack,
        That's a sweet AE residence set !!!!! I have seen them before on the e-place and wondered if they were real or not. Do you mind if I save the pic in my pictures? Thanks , stub

They are eBay pictures and I don't remember at the moment if it is a phone I bought or not.

Whatever the case, I have no control over the pictures.

Thomson Houston had the AE rights in France and the first auto exchange was installed there in 1913. TH supplied a step based "candlestick", a wooden residence set (not painted black) and a metal residence set. All with typical AE series circuits.

Regards
Jack

stub

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I always save pics and diagrams from e-bay and anywhere else I can get them.  Thanks ,  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AT2796

Hi Stub
Looking forward to seeing the finished product!
Andy