News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mediterranean Blue, old and new

Started by finlover, September 29, 2010, 01:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpo706

As I said before an absolutely stunning colour variant.

I might try and get one in increments, could start by buying a handset cord, then...
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

paul-f

Quote from: masstel on September 29, 2010, 11:52:58 PM
I have several, still sealed in the bag, NOS blue modular handset cords.  They are marked:

H4DU 145 STD
TEAL BLUE

That help?

This is additional confirmation that color code 145 is teal blue.
  http://www.paul-f.com/wecolors.htm

It would help to find a similar color reference for sets of that era -- 500DM, Princess, Trimline...
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Adam

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.  Remember the blue phone I was looking forward to receiving?  Turns out it's avocado green.  To be fair, even though the pic implies the phone was blue, the seller didn't say "blue" anywhere in the auction.

Not only that, but it arrived damaged.  So, now I have some more 500 parts for other restorations.  Like I needed more...
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

finlover

That sucks, man. :(  It sure looked blue to me.  That is one bad photo!

KeithB

What's the damage?  Broken, chipped, or just cracked?

Adam

Large peice broken out in cradle area because seller boxed the phone with the receiver on its cradle.  The phone was nothing special or especially pretty even if it wasn't damaged.  So, no big loss really.

I've decided, from now on, I'm adding this as a note to all my PayPal payments, and sending it separately to the sellers of all my won auctions:

PLEASE READ THIS!  When you box up this phone for shipment, please DO NOT pack the phone up with its receiver sitting on the phone's cradle.  The receiver will knock into the body of the phone during shipment and it is GUARANTEED that the phone will be received broken into several pieces.  PLEASE wrap the receiver of the phone separately.  Thank you.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Jim S. on September 29, 2010, 02:03:50 AM
Bell brought back the blue in 1976 for trimlines. These were supposedly 100th anniversery colors for 1976. I was told that they resurected all of the 500 set colors for the anniversery trimlines. The only ones that seem common(?) are the blue and old rose. These are the fat-mod, transformer powered trimlines.

I think the 1976 "anniversary" trimlines were made from around1975-1977.

The blue and old rose were re-released on trimlines around 1983. The blue was also avaliable for the 2500,500,554, Princess and trimline (that I know of).

The blues vary slightly in color.

Starting around 1983 some of the other "retired" colors started making comebacks. This includes a violet trimline and a peach color, forest green also made a comeback.
I have seen early examples of these colors as well as 1983-84 re-releases of these very HTF colors.

JMO,
Jim

I meant to also mention the reconditioned lease phones. These still seem to be WE quality.
I had found 4  of them once. I sold some of them. I may still have a spare

This may be one of them.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.