News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Silvertone Chassis 132.881 No 5 (brown case)

Started by TelePlay, August 07, 2015, 07:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Picked up this radio in an antique store for $24.17 with tax. It was sitting on the shelf for months. It's only and AM band radio but the brown cabinet is in great shape as is the front dial. Don't have any pictures yet so am posting this ad from 1951 to make a place for them to come at a later date. The No 5 was the brown cabinet, the No 6 the white cabinet. Got it for $2 over the ad price . . .

TelePlay

While starting to work on the radio, I noticed this tube. Think it's a bit out of warranty?

LarryInMichigan

I have some tubes like that, and some had paper stickers with the purchase date written on them.  Sears was known for its warranties, even on poor quality items which were almost guaranteed to break before the years.

Larry

twocvbloke

Quote from: TelePlay on August 07, 2015, 07:56:13 PMGot it for $2 over the ad price . . .

In today's money, that radio would have cost $201.47, calculating for inflation between 1951 and 2015... :o

Still, I'd rather have that than a modern DAB digital radio, that's a terrible joke of a "radio" service... ::)