News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What is your Next Dream Phone?

Started by Doug Rose, August 28, 2013, 06:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I was fortunate enough to get my dream phone this summer, the WE 130 Donut phone.

What is your dream phone that you are hoping for?

Next in line for me is a Strowger stick. That's why i call it a Deam Phone....Doug
Kidphone

Haf

Well, maybe it's not the next but for certain a dream phone. I really would like to have a payphone like in the movie "Double Indemnity" or (what should not be easy with shipping) a Mad Dog Coll style phone and booth.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

dsk

I have the same dream, but I will not fight you, or try to bid over you, so we need a talk  ;)

dsk

Dennis Markham

Haf, that phone is right up there on my list too.  But the first one that comes to mind for me is an Oxford Gray 554.  I would like to complete my collection of colored, early soft plastic 554's and the Oxford Gray (Dark Gray) eludes me.  A Blue 302 would be second.  Over the past eight years or so since I've been watching for an Oxford Gray 554, I've seen a few Blue 302's, but the sale prices are always high.  I joke about finding one locally (flea market, antique store, etc).  One never knows.    I haven't seen one Oxford Gray 554 (that I recall) during that same time.

twocvbloke

I've been thinking about this myself, and to be honest, I haven't got any dream phones in my head, there's phones I wouldn't mind having, but I don't dream of them... :D

I'm the sort that if it pops up or I find it interesting, I'll try and get it, basically like the AE80 I have on the way, it popped up on ebay, the price was right, so I got it, I never really looked for any AE phones, I just happened to find two (the 80 and the starlite)... :D

Definitely wouldn't mind a shiny chromed payphone from across the pond though, though I like the single-slot ones more than the three-slots, I guess I'm just of that generation cos that's what I grew up seeing in american TV shows... :D

Dave203

I just looked up what a donut phone was and its pretty awesome looking. It's actually amazing compared to what I've been dreaming about all summer. I've been looking for a basic yellow western electric rotary trimline to hang on my wall next to a red emergency auto dialer. It's not marked "we" but its just like their 70's / 80's trimlines. I've tried to contact the company that makes the red auto dialer "Rath Microtech" but they said they have no information on the phone I sent them photos of and when I told them I'd like to see the phone on a museum one day they ended all conversation with me. But their name was printed inside so I thought it couldn't hurt to ask them.  So that's my story.

JorgeAmely

I am looking forward to find a red AE40 with chrome trims for $25.
Jorge

AE40FAN

Quote from: JorgeAmely on August 28, 2013, 11:58:40 AM
I am looking forward to find a red AE40 with chrome trims for $25.

Jorge, me too....me too.......

dsk

Quote from: dsk on August 28, 2013, 08:36:32 AM
I have the same dream, but I will not fight you, or try to bid over you, so we need a talk  ;)

dsk

Its not only one attractive __beauty__ out there.
If I cant get the best one of these would help. (The black one is preferred)

dsk

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Haf

I take a guess... dsk's admired but most unattainable Norway payphones :)
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

WesternElectricBen

This, right now is my list of what I want. I would really like to finish off my soft plastic collection in the next year or two..

To finish my rare colored soft plastic collection I need,

Mahogany Brown and Oxford Gray.

Then I'm looking for a vented 1939 302.

Ben

Russ Kirk

What's my next dream phone?  
The next one I find, can afford and buy.......
Whatever I don't have now......
I want them all!!!!!

Such is the burden of having the phoneitis disease...
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

MagicMo

I would love to find a brown WE 500.
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

dsk

Quote from: poplar1 on August 29, 2013, 06:18:40 PM
Where are those pay phones from?
Norway (reverse line voltage signal)
and
Denmark 16 kHz signal.