News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gray Telephone Photos

Started by paul-f, September 03, 2010, 11:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finlover

Sorry, my friend, it turns out you CAN take it with you--they're already on display at my apartment in Purgatory.  The purple Trimline is still up for grabs though. :)

JorgeAmely

Jorge

baldopeacock

Quote from: finlover on October 06, 2010, 05:04:54 PM
Sorry, my friend, it turns out you CAN take it with you--they're already on display at my apartment in Purgatory.

There's snow skiing in the afterlife?   Cool.

Dave F

Quote from: finlover on October 06, 2010, 05:04:54 PM
Sorry, my friend, it turns out you CAN take it with you--they're already on display at my apartment in Purgatory.  The purple Trimline is still up for grabs though. :)

A few years ago I saw a story in the news about a rich guy who wanted to be buried in his Ferrari.  When he died, his heirs contested the Will in an attempt to save the car.  The court ruled that because the man was not mentally unsound, his Will was indeed valid, even though it was so unorthodox.  The value of the car was irrelevant, and he was buried in the Ferrari.  So, you actually can take your phones with you, but I still might put in a plea for the red 202 (and maybe you can throw in the purple Trimline -  it's just so pretty).

stopthemachine

I'm a newbie to the website, but I must post pix of my gray phones!

I have a light gray SC 1553 and a dark gray 1543.  I think they're the only gray phones that I have! 

BTW, that manual, gray ITT Cinderella phone is INCREDIBLE!

Dennis Markham

Stopthemachine, welcome to the Forum.  We'd love to see photos of your phones.  While posting, just click on Additional Options and you'll see a "browse" button to search your file folder for the file you want to post.

stopthemachine

Oh!  Cool!  Thanks for the info--now, I just need to break out the digicam I bought at least a year ago!  Haha.

Kenny C

Here is my 6-59 soft plastic 500 ;D
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Willytx

That's a sweet phone, Kenny. The HEmlock exchange is kinda creepy though.

Dennis Markham

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Kenny C

Thanks guys. This is my favorite phone to use next to my 302.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

LM Ericsson

My Gray soft plastic 500 from 1959
Regards,
-Grayson

Dave F

Here's my latest addition to this category -- 1956 Oxford Gray 500.  It has taken many years to finally be able to cross this one off the want-list.

Revision: I have reposted the photo after adjusting the brightness and contrast to help show that the phone is indeed gray and not black.

Greg G.

Quote from: Dave F on June 24, 2011, 03:00:18 PM
Here's my latest addition to this category -- 1956 Oxford Gray 500.  It has taken many years to finally be able to cross this one off the want-list.

Just out of curiosity, I looked up the color code for Oxford Gray, and discovered there are several shades of gray.  I would have mistaken yours for black if not for the color code.

Per Paul F.'s list of WE colors there 6 different shades of gray.  5 have the same color code of 52:

Gray, Dark Gray, Oxford Gray, Charcoal Gray, Dove Gray.

2 have color code 61: Gray, Light  Gray

The 61 Light Gray is repeated in a later year, is that a typo?

New in 1963
-61 Light Gray
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e