News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 136: WE Dark Blue 302 "Antique phone" - Ended 10/04/14

Started by TelePlay, September 28, 2014, 11:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenton K

If it is a repo, it's pretty convincing. It's got clear plungers, groove less handset, 6j dial with clear finger wheel, plastic discoloration, and stress cracks. It looks good to me, but an inside shot would be more definitive.

Ken

Doug Rose

The seller answered me. I also responded and told her she needed to try and open the phone if she could and take some better pics....Doug

Dear jflowres,

Hi Doug actually this is my deceased aunts phone which up to 4 yrs ago they were using it still has phone number on it. I will post more pics
Thank you
Karen

- kare_pist
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Respond

To: kare_pist
Subject: Other: jflowres sent a message about Antique phone #111473460868
Sent Date: Sep-28-14 10:30:34 PDT

Dear kare_pist,

I lived in Broctkton for 20 years, I don't know how I missed this beauty? Take 11 more close up pictures. Do NOT take any offer to sell it. Let the auction run to the end. This is a super rare color for this phone. Make sure there are no chips or cracks and state it in the auction.  Get a better shot of the handset it looks black. Congrats....this is a beauty. Where did you find it. Feel free to ask me any questions. I live in Framingham....Doug

- jflowres

Antique phone   
Antique phone
Item Id:   111473460868
End time:   Oct-04-14 11:01:17 PDT
Seller:
kare_pist (0)
0.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Sep-27-14 in United States
Listing Status:   This message was sent while the listing was active.
Kidphone

Fabius

Quote from: Kenton K on September 29, 2014, 01:24:42 PM
If it is a repo, it's pretty convincing. It's got clear plungers, groove less handset, 6j dial with clear finger wheel, plastic discoloration, and stress cracks. It looks good to me, but an inside shot would be more definitive.

Ken, I took a closer look and I believe you're correct about the plungers.

The seller finally answered me. She said "The color is blueish".
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

Here's the 4% "no crowding" gap spreadsheet for this contest with 10 guesses.

Available guesses or guess ranges are shown in GREEN within the small black bordered box.

Doug Rose

Dear jflowres,

Just posted pictures of the inside

- kare_pist

Respond
Kidphone

Kenton K

And you can see that it still has the original blue cords! Just terribly faded.

Ken

TelePlay

The winner of Auction Contest #136 is tallguy58, who with the 3rd entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $1,547.00. That guess gave him his fourth auction contest win. Once again, our congratulations go out to tallguy58 for another win in the CRPF Auction Contests and for moving up one rung in the Contest Standings.

The phone was won by h***m ( 904 ) with his second and ultimately highest bid, a last second snipe, for $1,525.00. The auction had 11 bidders and 15 bids. There were 5 last second snipes (all within the last 4 seconds of the auction) driving the price from $430 to $1,525. Quite exciting and jaw dropping if you were watching this auction end. Any bets the seller hit the floor when that happened? I hope she is okay selling that "cute collectible" for a few dollars more than expected.  ::)

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 136 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

Doug Rose

$1525.00 for a Blue 302 in need of some major work on the handset. Blue is definitely King of colors in the WE world....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

;D  Not bad for your first sale on eBay  ;D

Dear jflowres,

Thank you Doug I was shocked with surprise
Karen

- kare_pist

Respond

To: kare_pist
Subject: Other: jflowres sent a message about Antique phone #111473460868
Sent Date: Oct-04-14 10:36:00 PDT

Dear kare_pist,

Karen....I am very happy for you. Doug

- jflowres

Antique phone   
Antique phone
Item Id:   111473460868
End time:   Oct-04-14 11:01:17 PDT
Seller:
kare_pist (0)
0.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Sep-27-14 in United States
Listing Status:   This message was sent while the listing was closed.
Kidphone