News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 143: Stromberg Carlson Oil Can Candlestick Project - Ended 10/27/14

Started by TelePlay, October 17, 2014, 09:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Here's the 3% "no crowding" gap spreadsheet for this contest with 12 guesses.

Available guesses or guess ranges are shown in GREEN within the small upper right black bordered box.

( click on the table to enlarge the image )

TelePlay

The winner of Auction Contest #143 is tallguy58, who with the 2nd entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $525.00 giving him his 6th auction contest win edging out poplar1's guess of $325 by a mere $1.10 - how close was that! Once again, our congratulations go out to tallguy58 for another win in the CRPF Auction Contests and for moving up one rung in the Contest Standings.

The phone was won by 8***w ( 607 ) who with his one and only bid, about 5 seconds before the auction ended, took the phone home for only $425.55 plus shipping. Looking at the contest guesses, it seems we all thought this stick in the rough was worth a bit more than it actually ended up selling for. And if it weren't for that little bit extra, that 55ยข in the winning bid, the contest would have been a tie!

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 144 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

wds

Well, I didn't win the contest, but I did win the phone.  I threw out a low ball bid and unfortunately for my checkbook, I won.  This style phone seems to always go for quite a bit more than this, so I think I got a good price.
Dave