Auction 149: Western Electric 1954 Oxford Gray 500 Telephone - Ended 11/3/14

Started by TelePlay, October 24, 2014, 03:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

TelePlay

Here's the 3% "no crowding" gap spreadsheet for this contest with 17 guesses.

Available guesses or guess ranges are shown in GREEN within the small upper right black bordered box.

( click on the table to enlarge the image )

Doug Rose

Kidphone

TelePlay

Okay, now what. We have a tie. Winning bid was $695.00 . . .  ???

$    680.00 - kleinkaliber  ( 9 )  -> Co-WINNER - Final Selling Price $695.00 ( $15 below )
$    710.00 - Russ Kirk  ( 5 )  -> Co-WINNER - Final Selling Price $695.00  ( $15 above )

Got to check with the rules committee on this before declaring a "winner."

In the mean time, how about a left handed jousting tournament to settle this? . . . ( thanks twocv for the background on that )

TelePlay

The winners of Auction Contest #149 are Russ Kirk, who with the 5th entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $710.00 giving him his 3rd auction contest win, AND, kleinkaliber, who with the 9th entry into the contest offered the equally winning guess of $680.00 giving him his 3rd auction contest win. Once again, our congratulations go out to Russ Kirk and kleinkaliber for each notching another win in the CRPF Auction Contests and for moving up one rung in the Contest Standings.

The 1954 Oxford Gray 500 was won by h***m ( 936 ) with his one and only bid of the auction to take the phone home for an "on sale price" of $695.00. The phone rose to into the $250 range over the first few days of the auction and stayed there until the end approached. There were 3 snipes in the last 8 seconds of the auction but none of them surpasses the bid put in by h***m about 31 seconds before the auction ended. The auction saw 8 bidders placing 28 bids for the phone.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 149 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

Russ Kirk

Thank you and congratulations to my co-winner klienkaliber!  I'm sure co-winners does not happen often.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

TelePlay

Quote from: Russ Kirk on November 06, 2014, 10:50:27 AM
Thank you and congratulations to my co-winner klienkaliber!  I'm sure co-winners does not happen often.

Nope, first time ever in all of the 149 contests to date. Someone should run the probability of that happening, something like one in 10,000 gazillion bazillion is suspect . . .  ;)