News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Changing Base From 500DM to WE CS2500DMG

Started by gands-antiques, February 11, 2013, 09:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gands-antiques

I have started transferring the dial and handset from my turquoise or baby blue?? WE500DM with a 425 network to a base from a push button CS2500DMG, 1-PTY, 82298 and a 4228 network and I'm wondering if this transfer will work.

The reason I'm transferring the bases is because two of the rubber feet were melted on the 500DM when I got it and I couldn't figure out how to replace them without getting into the riveting.

If it will work I would like to know where to find a suitable wiring diagram that shows this mixture of components.

I plan to use this phone as a personal phone in my house so I'm not concerned with the pedigree.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Mr. Bones

Gary,

I've been searching around, here, and elsewhere.... see if this helps any:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8187.0

Best regards, and good luck!

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

paul-f

The network terminals for the dial and handset should be labeled the same on the 425-type and 4228 networks.  You can use a 500D wiring diagram showing either network. 

For that matter, just about any single line phone wiring diagram you find with either network should tell you where to hook up the dial and handset.

There are lots of choices in the TCI Library.  for example,

Find 500-series Wiring Diagrams
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

gands-antiques

Thanks to Mr. Bones & Paul F.

Well, the saga continues...

After trying to rewire the 4228 network, the corner broke off of the network when I was rearranging the wires.  So, I have decided to drill out the rivets on the original base with a 425E network and I will replace the feet with some of the feet from the other base.   Thanks again!!

Any idea what color my phone is?  I've had people tell me aqua and also turquoise. Curious

Thanks,
Gary

rdelius

The height of the hook switch levers might be different .You  might have to move plungers or the lever assy

gands-antiques

Thanks for the info.  I have abandoned transferring my phone to the new base because I broke the network. Now I have drilled out the foot rivets so I can replace them and I am in the process of rewiring my original base.

I started a new topic .....

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8760.0 
(Rewiring WE 500DM With 425E Network)

I'm looking or help on my phone because it doesn't ring after I rewired it.