News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

US Navy Beige AE 50

Started by Doug Rose, October 27, 2018, 04:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Black box looks like like a DC buzzer.... maybe it is an AC buzzer though, can't tell.

Terry

poplar1

WE 7-type buzzer, typically used on intercoms.

Use the A and C terminals for low voltage AC -- or -- use D and C for DC.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

It is now mounted in the Phone Room....Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Outstanding job Doug. Beautiful phone now.
Gary

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Nick in Manitou

Doug,

I have just gotta ask...

Do you have one or two phones in that room that are connected and ring when a call comes in?  So, when you have a visitor, you could say, "Hey would you answer that for me?" and they would have to try to figure out which phone is ringing!

Nick

Partyline4

I saw it right when it was listed - but didn't think beige would be a desirable color for a 50 - when I finally realized that ANY color 50 is worth a gamble - the fox had already caught the hen....

Still trying to figure out who it is snatching up all these great phones AS SOON AS THEY ARE LISTED...

Doug Rose

Quote from: Nick in Manitou on November 05, 2018, 10:15:03 PM
Doug,

I have just gotta ask...

Do you have one or two phones in that room that are connected and ring when a call comes in?  So, when you have a visitor, you could say, "Hey would you answer that for me?" and they would have to try to figure out which phone is ringing!

Nick
Nick.......I just have an old WE 334A subset connected to DT.  It is enough to wake the dead....Doug

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=20516.msg210206#msg210206

Kidphone

oldguy

Outstanding results Doug. A phone to be proud of.
Gary

Doug Rose

Thanks Gary....it is truly the find of the past few years for me. It's a stunning phone in black, in Navy Beige with the handset locks in this wonderful condition was an extremely fortunate find. Right place...right time.

On another note I also have a black AE50 with the handset locks...Doug
Kidphone