News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ebay craziness (red AE 34)

Started by liteamorn, June 19, 2012, 07:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liteamorn

I was watching an auction for a red AE 34. It is a beautiful phone. The bidding drove the price to almost $1800.

After many days and about 1 day before the auction closed the top bidder withdrew his bid (I later found that he has withdrawn bids 6 other times).

This morning I woke to find 0 bids, as if all 4 otherr bidders withdrew also. I don't think I have ever seen anything like that before, the owner must be really angry over this (unless he was the top bidder with a different identity driving up the price).

I watch a lot of phones and I have never seen anything as wild as this.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

liteamorn

Well I stand corrected a bit, when I went back to get the url for a link I noticed I missed in BOLD letters auction ended by seller.
I can tell you that as of yesterday morning the phone was going for almost 1800 and last night it was down to 999 with the top bidder withdrawing. Maybe a deal was struck .
http://tinyurl.com/787vpn9

AE_Collector

There is NO chance that seller is involved in any sort of ebaY Hijinx. He is a member of this forum though rarely seen here. I suspect he cancelled it due to some other factors with bidding or bidders.

Terry

kleenax

Quote from: AE_collector on June 19, 2012, 11:07:00 AM
There is NO chance that seller is involved in any sort of ebaY Hijinx. He is a member of this forum though rarely seen here. I suspect he cancelled it due to some other factors with bidding or bidders.

Terry

The seller (I was in contact with him) cancelled the auction because of the bidding "shenanigans" by -1- particular bidder who has done this before. I KNOW this bidder, and he is indeed questionable. The phone may be re-listed; stay tuned......Personally, I would and WILL block this bidder on all of my auctions.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

wds

could someone post the ebay handle of the bidder who cancelled for future reference?
Dave