News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My first WE 851

Started by Babybearjs, July 27, 2015, 12:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

found a interesting listing on Ebay.... put in a high bid for $50.00 and won.... A W.E. #851 5 line Keyset in beige. A first for me.... wanted to try to get both the beige and black, but someone wants the black worse then me... I've been after one of these for years.... always too expensive for my budget.... if this works the way I'm hoping for, it will be in my shop....
John

ESalter

It looks like you got one of the early ones with the large Trimline style modular cord in the handset.  I saw a red one at a swap meet recently, but sadly someone beat me to it.  When I saw it, it was being proudly displayed behind the table of its new owner.

---Eric

podor

Well bought! Looks like it's in pretty good shape. Keep the pics coming!

Babybearjs

I looked at the pictures again and found the model number, its an 851BT early series. dated 1975... its going to look nice in my shop!
John

Dave F

Nice phone John.  851s are pretty cool.  I have a red and a blue.  Blue is NOS in the box.  I'll have to dig it out and take a picture.

DF

Babybearjs

wonder what the red one would look like with a white handset and a blue facemat??? kind of patriotic.....
John

Babybearjs

in the BSP it shows that there is suppose to be a plastic key escusion on the phone, but mine didn't have one... so I dug through my parts box and found an extra one... it fits but not well... were these phones suppose to use them??
John

podor

My 2851 has the plunger but no switch. I think the switch itself was installed as needed in the field.