Main Menu

field trial "302"

Started by rdelius, April 11, 2012, 08:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdelius

I posted this years ago from old 35mm scans. Digital photos this time
Parts in base dated I36, handset IV36

bingster

Great pics.  Is the receiver element a diaphragm type but with the diaphragm riveted in place?
= DARRIN =

rdelius

The rec capsule is a diaphram type. I have extra capsules like this somewhere that came from the Indanapolis works along with other prototype stuff when it closed.
Robby

AE_Collector

Robby:

Had it been turned into a lamp? It looks as though there was previously a hole in the case centered behind the cradle.

Terry

cihensley@aol.com

This is a metal set. But, notice the corners of the base. It is too bad WECo did not retain the corner cuts for the plastic body 302s. A lot of cracked corners that we currently contend with may have been prevented.

Chuck

rdelius

It had a ringer cut off switch in back.Used telephone co parts but not a nice job. Telephone bought at Charlotte NC Metrolina Expo flea market about 15 years ago.
Robby

Ktownphoneco

Thanks very much Robby.

Jeff

RotarDad

Is this 302 from the same trial stage as Dan's (D/P) field trial 500?  The base, coil, cap, and handset appear different from the production units that followed, like the different parts in Dan's set.  Does the number "720" inside imply there were more of these built than the 500 trial sets?

Robby - does yours have any distinct markings on the base like Dan's 500?  "If trouble do not open.  Return to Murray Hills", or similar?
Paul

rdelius

No outside markings, just the note inside .All the parts inside  have the serial number 720. No idea if an body has listed known numbers.Note the one hole for both handset and line cord. Switch has the plungers pinned in place.

MMikeJBenN27

Wow!  Yes, this is a Field Trial set.  Very rare, as they were supposed to be scrapped.  Some always escape though.