and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction (110 Cancelled: Did not exceed reserve) - Beautiful AE 40 in Ivory

Started by HarrySmith, December 19, 2013, 08:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

OMG ;D This just came up in my saved search:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360815481965

This is one beautiful phone! The seller, Cliff Sullivan, says in the description he cannot find a blemish on it! After examining the pictures I would be inclined to agree! Nice gold trim also. The only thing that keeps it from being perfect is the handset cord. A new extensicord would complete it for sure. Maybe a good auction contest?

----------------

The recent auctions we have had with a "reserve" exceeded the reserve amount. While that may not be the case with this phone, an exception is being made because of the condition of this relatively rare phone. As in past "reserve" auctions, the right is hereby reserved to cancel this auction completely with no winner if the auction bids DO NOT exceed the reserve, whatever that might be, when the eBay auction ends.

This phone started at 19.99 in a 7 day auction and was suggested as a candidate with a bit more than 3 days to go. As such, it will be a short contest and, under the rules, guesses will be accepted for the next two days. Again, as with the last "reserve" contest, if the reserve is not met, this auction contest will be cancelled with no winner. So, take a guess and you "may" be the winner.

The seller listed it as an "Automatic Electric Model 40 Bakelite Ivory Telephone e/w Gold TrimAutomatic Electric Model 40 Bakelite Ivory Telephone e/w Gold Trim " with the item condition as " - - " and states "This is an "AUTOMATIC ELECTRIC" Ivory with Gold trim, an absolutely beautiful phone! I don't see anything on it that you could actually call a blemish. The long A/E braided cord has lost most of it's spring, but has little wear. The ringer is a frequency ringer, but this is a display phone for the Telephone Collector. The rubber on the base is about  95% intact, one small piece missing from the bottom. This is that ONE phone that you must have!".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360815481965

Still another chance to either move up a rung or to get onto the -> Contest Standings <- list, you have to play to "maybe" win!

New members to the forum are hereby invited, are always very welcome and are encouraged to take a guess. After all, there are no wrong guesses, just one lucky one. No one knows where the fickle finger of fate will end up on any of these eBay auctions. However, it does pay to get your guess in early, before someone else grabs your guess. I will be watching guesses and helping members as the contest progresses to prevent crowding under Rule #3. With that said, have at it . . .

If you want to check out all of the phones that have been in past Auction Contests, click -> HERE <-

S C O R E B O A R D

$  250.00 - southernphoneman  ( 15 )
Final bid of $272.67 did not exceed the reserve price
$  305.00 - Kenton K  ( 3 )
$  325.00 - Sargeguy  ( 11 )
$  342.00 - JorgeAmely  ( 4 ) **
$  360.00 - poplar1ns  ( 2 )
$  380.00 - WesternElectricBen  ( 9 ) **
$  400.00 - wdsns  ( 5 )
$  420.14 - WEBellSystemChristian  ( 8 ) **
$  450.00 - Mr. Bones  ( 10 )
$  475.00 - Matilo Telephones  ( 12 )
$  512.00 - tallguy58  ( 6 )
$  533.50 - kleinkaliber  ( 14 ) --- (split the difference guess)
$  555.00 - K1WI  ( 13 )
$  601.01 - HarrySmith  ( 7 )
$  650.00 - Bridie  ( 1 )

Early Morning Auction Status Changes

12-15-13    Listed   $   19.99
12-18-13     8 bids  $ 114.50
12-19-13   14 bids  $ 141.50 , ,
12-22-13   15 bids  $ 154.62
12-22-13     6 bidders 19 bids $272.67 (did not exceed reserve price) Ended at 13:04:39 PST
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Bridie

I guess $650.  How lovely!  I'm getting a black one of those in the post hopefully this week.
Bridget

poplar1

360 and no sale (reserve not met)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Kenton K

JorgeAmely

$350. At one time, Steve Hilsz was selling Extensicords wrapped in the original aluminum foil wrappers, never opened. Maybe the new owner should check if any are left.

-----------------

EDIT:  Guess reduced to $342.00 - 5% below poplar1's prior $360 guess
Jorge

wds

Seller usually has high reserves, so i don't think the phone will sell.  I will go $400 and no sale. 
Dave

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

HarrySmith

I will guess $601.01.

The seller is Steve's sometimes partner, they work together with selling stuff on ocassion. I got one of those NOS extensicords from Steve back when. I asked since and he had no more. Celnout, Cliff, is a good guy to deal with. Whenever he has something up on eBay I am interested in I let the auction end, then contact him and make a deal for less off eBay. I just picked up some AE ringing caps from him for under a dollar each, plus some fingerwheels thrown in! Sweet deal!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

I bet this will be one of those listings where the bidding is pretty heated until the end, when no one bothers to put a snipe in :-\

I'll guess $416.14.

-----------------

EDIT:  Guess increased to $420.14 - 5% above wds's prior $400.00 guess
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

Ben

-----------------

EDIT:  Guess increased to $380.00 - 5% between two prior guesses

Mr. Bones

$450.00, if I fit in...

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Matilo Telephones

Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

K1WI

$555

Andy F  K1WI
Andy F    K1WI

kleinkaliber

Looks like I can squeeze in at $530.00.

-----------------

EDIT: Guess increased to $533.50 - to split the difference between two prior guesses