News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ADSL Filter question

Started by Tom B, March 02, 2012, 03:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom B

Why will some of my phones work on  upstairs extension when connected to an ADSL filter and some won't? They are all wired the same way. All work when the ADSL filter is taken out of the connection ???
Tom

twocvbloke

If it's them dongle type filters, scrap 'em (well, keep them for use with linesman phones), and get a BT NTE2000 ADSL filter that replaces your master socket faceplate:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260966784428

The dongle sort are rather variable in quality, some just cut out the ringer wire, some cut it out, then make their own ringer current with their built in capacitors, but the NTE2000 does all that in one simple device, rather than having a filter per phone... :)

Tom B

Twocv
The ADSL came with router supplied by my Broadband provider - I'd presumed that it would do what it was supposed to do. I take on board your comments.
What puzzles me is that I have 2 1951 K 500 phones that are wired internally exactly the same. The 4/51 works with the ADSL, the 10/51 doesn't.
I have 4 GPO 706 phones - 2 work in the same circumstances and 2 don't. Go figure?
Tom

twocvbloke

Very weird... ???

Still, we got a pair of ADSL filters with our broadband pack, but I got one of them NTE2000 filters off the BT engineer that reconnected our line, I wired it in and all my phones work fine, the only issue I have is bell tinkle on the GPO phones when using the WE500s...  :D