News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is this worth it????

Started by Kenny C, February 22, 2011, 11:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

I asked if they would ship. and I told them I would pay 35.00 Delivered.
http://nashville.craigslist.org/atq/2222630101.html ( dead link 03-03-21 )
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

AE_Collector

Remember to post pictures Kenny. That way everyone else doesn't have to make the effort to go to the link to see what is being discussed AND people can still look at the link a year from now when the Craig's List link is long gone.

These ALWAYS go cheap on ebaY. Seller mentions $60 on ebaY but I bet not many Leich 901's actually sell for $60. That said I used to watch them on ebaY but haven't really watched them as much lately.

Then again, shipping would always be $10 to $15 so IF they go for your offer, $20 to $25 isn't bad unless you managed to snag one on ebay with a $9.99 starting price that no one else bid on.

Missing the number card holder as is EVERY other one ever seen. I can't tell for sure if it has the correct handset. What thinks everyone else?

Terry

Shown in pics. In great condition. Have never tried to use it. Asking 35. Same phones selling on eBay for 60+ but I want gone asap.

paul-f

It's usually found with a later handset like the first photo, but looks like it might have the earlier Leich handset.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

GG

IMHO yes, definitely.  We used to pay $18 for the British Ericsson magneto desk & wall sets back in the late 70s - early 80s.  So $35 isn't even "that price plus inflation." 

I tend to think of the combined desk/wall sets as primarily useful as wall sets just because they can be used that way.  Though, the front-mounted crank on these (and the Norwegian ones) tends to be a little difficult ergonomically, which can be helped by mounting the set slightly lower on the wall than usual. 

LarryInMichigan

Kenny,

I would pass on this one.  These phones are very easy to find, and with a bit of patience, can be bought for cheap.  I bought a CB dial version (Leich 601L) in excellent condition several months ago on ebay for about $20.  The one in the craigslist posting does not look like the finish is in good condition, although the pictures might just be bad.  The handset does look like the older Leich type, and that handset does not fit properly into the cradle (at least not on my 601L).

Keep in mind that the shells on these Leichs are very fragile and break at the drop of a hat (especially if the hat lands on them ;)).  If you do buy this one, insist that it be packed very well with the handset separately wrapped.

Larry

Doug Rose

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on February 22, 2011, 11:15:46 PM
http://nashville.craigslist.org/atq/2222630101.html
NO!....its a $10 phone in good condition. They are very common. No one really wants them as they are not meant to work on Dial tone, I know you can hack anything to make it work. This is not a desirable phone...Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

JIm
Quote from: Kidphone on February 23, 2011, 09:43:45 AM
Quote from: Kennyc1955 on February 22, 2011, 11:15:46 PM
http://nashville.craigslist.org/atq/2222630101.html
NO!....its a $10 phone in good condition. They are very common. No one really wants them as they are not meant to work on Dial tone, I know you can hack anything to make it work. This is not a desirable phone...Doug
I am surprised they are as high as $10.00 now. They used to go for Free or $3.00.
JMO,
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Kidphone