News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Youtube song/video lamenting the disappearing payphone

Started by RotarDad, February 22, 2016, 10:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotarDad

I found this searching for payphone information....  I thought it was well done and creative:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mGgUlSZgRek
Paul

Kimball321

Since I was born only in 1992 I only remember the very end of the "payphone era" sadly but I have one good payphone story to contribute.  In late 2002 or early 2003 I was flying America West from Chicago O hare to Phoenix sky harbor to visit my dad.  For some reason I'm not exactly sure why me and my mom called my dad on a payphone at the airport.  Well during the call I started throwing up and first it got on the phone and the I threw up a few more times on the floor while I was running over to the bathrooms nearby.  I also remember that all the phones In the bank next to me were in use as well which is interesting considering it was already in the twilight of the "payphone era".  I also remember watching James Bond Die Another Day on the airplane in First Class I think (flying as an Unaccompanied minor, and don't remember why I was in first class).  So that's my only really good "payphone story" to contribute.
I collect payphones :)