News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What a difference a good restoration does ...

Started by JorgeAmely, July 03, 2009, 12:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

From this:

to this:

Jorge

BDM

Nice Jorge. I have a few old fans like that. I completely cleaned them, removed and inspected the motor. Installed new wiring. Those are nice fans. Amazing how quiet they are, yet push a fair amount of air. Mine were/are in very good shape and didn't need to be restored to that degree.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

JorgeAmely

Hi BDM:

Just for the record, the fan is not mine nor do I restore them. I just noticed that the seller also restores phones. He has a 302 for sale.

Jorge

Dan

Beautiful fan! I see them @ antique shops, but really don't know what the rare ones are or what to get or pay . I was this way with phones until 4-5 years ago until I inherited my mother-in- law's G6 rotary and the disease set in....
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

JorgeAmely

Dan:

This one sold for $665. I could buy a lot of painted phones with that kind of money and EasyOff cans to go with them too.

Unfortunately. the CDC hasn't been able to find an antidote for the "phone collecting" disease. We are all hopeless.

:( :( :(
Jorge

mienaichizu

Lots of those fans also pop up here in a local antique market but I doubt its a repro

foots

A good friend of mine wants to get into fan restoration, but old fans are usually between 65 - 100 bucks here.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

McHeath

Hard to believe it's the same fan.  I only have one old fan, nothing special, probably made in the immediate post WW2 era, and it's all this sort of curious brown/gray that they liked back then.