"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Embedded Ericofon modification to work via Bluetooth

Started by sqnewton, December 22, 2009, 06:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sqnewton

Hello all!

I am new to this group and was looking for feedback/comments about my open source project. I am designing a Bluetooth interface (gateway) embedded inside an Ericofon (Cobra phone from Ericsson) without having any external boxes, batteries or cables. The interface allows to connect to a cellphone and make and receive phone calls. Please check the blog site  http://btericofon.blogspot.com  and let me know your comments and feedback on how to improve the project.

Thanks and happy holidays!

Santiago

Phonesrfun

Santiago:

I saw your post in one of the other phone forums a few days ago, and I did look at your blog.  To me, it looks like you have gone to quite a great deal of work on that, and it looks interesting.  It looks like the design of the circuit board is quite an undertaking all in and of itself.  Good luck with the project, and welcome to our forum.

-Bill G

sqnewton

Phonesrfun

Thanks back.  I only wish I could offer something constructive.  The only thing I can offer for suggestions would be to have the phone you are turning into a Bluetooth enabled phone should sound and behave as close to the original phone as possible.  From what I remember from reading your blog, that is the goal you have in mind. 

Cheers.
-Bill G

sqnewton

Bill, it already rings as if it had the Ericotone inside it. I managed to replicate the same chirping tones and the wobble effect with the micro-controller. It has some additional features, such as a 'soft ring'. Since you could get an incoming call while listening to the dial tone before dialing (and it would be very loud in your ear), the phone will produce a soft ringing tone in the earpiece. As soon as you hang up the earpiece rings loud until you take the phone off hook. My goal is to make this phone behave as close to the original, as you said. I also included dial tone, busy tone (when lost bluetooth connection) and voice recognition dialing. Thanks again for the comment and the good wishes. Cheers