and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Classic Rotary Phones logo.

Started by Dan/Panther, July 09, 2010, 06:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDK

And another...

AE_Collector

That's what we needed George, someone who knows what he is doing. You're in!

Since we haven't really talked about what we want the logo for or how it will be available maybe we need to work that into the discussion. I don't know that anyone really wants to have T Shirts made up to then try to get enough sales to recover costs.

More likely that several variations would be available to us on-line that we can use as dial tags, posters and presumably places that make T-Shirts up will do so with customer provided graphics if anyone wants a T Shirt.

Therefore, a sheet of dial cards and other round or oval logo's sounds good to me. How does everyone else see these being used?

What file type do T Shirt shops need to work with?

The above Logo looks good to me except should the blue background be a little lighter still for more contrast between the background and the black 302?  We should have a larger (non dial tag type) version that includes the web address as well.

Terry

HarrySmith

There was talk about making tee shirts, decals and stuff but I agree with Terry. Let's try to get some different things together. Dial cards, business cards, bumper stickers, tee shirts. Different designs that can be downloaded and people can make thier own stuff.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

MDK

My local favorite t-shirt shop likes the PNG format. I try to design for at least 200dpi for t-shirts and 300dpi for paper printing.

I use CafePress.com a lot for t-shirts too.

Dave F

To be honest, I have thought for quite a while that the entire name of the forum should be changed to "Classic Telephones Forum".  Yes, rotary phones are a major subject of our interest.  But, as the discussions on the forum clearly demonstrate, our world is substantially larger and more varied.  So, first change the name, then talk about an appropriate logo!

DF

AE_Collector

That ought to get Dennis out of the woodwork! That could be a big discussion and I think that Dennis gets to call it what he wants to call it. Probably a lot of work to make that change?

Terry

George Knighton

Quote from: AE_Collector on December 29, 2012, 01:49:36 PMYou're in!

Well, that only makes me a little nervous.

The last time somebody told me I was "in," I got a huge bill from the Guards Club.

The joke was on me.

Annoying new poster.

George Knighton

MDK's roundel looks pretty good.  You might want to lighten the blue a touch, but it gives a good, instantly recognizable idea of what you're about, and the blue and maize gives the reader a sort of old timey feel about what's going to be gong on.

One of the psychological realities of life is that when you are dealing with a mostly male population, adding a little blue doesn't hurt.

Although the forum has been completely decimated by a commercial purchase and too much advertising and editorial abuse, now, (so abused that I hesitate to mention the name of it), back in 1999 we created an automotive oriented forum that went on to become hugely popular.  There were times it hit the list of top 20 most popular Web sites on the planet, and there was a year it was in the top dozen sites where people could actively post.

Although the editorial policy and a close alliance with a major manufacturer were a part of its success, it was also a part of the site's success that the theme was very, very simple.  The fields where you entered text were such a light yellow that it was almost white, and the pages of the forum itself were white, light maize, and a combination of light to medium blues which conspired to keep the reader's and writer's attentions for very long periods of time.

The site metrics revealed that when someone visited the site, he tended to stay there for very long periods of time.
Annoying new poster.

Dewdrop

Here's oval and round logos. If you want a different background color (lighter or darker) leave a comment.

Debbie
Debbie

TelePlay

I had a boss that once said ". . . the second strongest drive is for one to want to change what someone else has done . . ." because some one always wanted to make changes to things his R&D department would come up with.  ;)

That said, I like the oval 653 as is best, in my most humble opinion. That logo is about what I think I've always thought it could be.

Dennis Markham

Thanks everyone for your input.  I will take time to digest all of this and consider changes....once the dust settles from the holiday.  I kind of like the 653 oval myself.  I'll look into it deeper in the time ahead.

MDK

I'm not beyond stealing someone else's idea, although I chose to stick with the existing forum color scheme...