News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ebay Buyer Issues

Started by Desert Phone Guy, August 05, 2019, 02:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desert Phone Guy

I have been selling on Ebay for a number of years, and it seems during the last few months, both buyers and sellers have been negligent in paying, or in shipping.

Most of my issues have occurred with ebayers with 0 or less than 50 positive feedbacks. 

I hate to screen ebayers based on feedback ratings, but looks like that will have to be my next step.

Has anyone else dealt with issues similar to these, and if so, what did you do to rectify the problem?

Thanks for any input

Steve

wds

Buyers who don't pay is a problem.  I used to turn them in to ebay so they have a strike against them, but it takes too long plus you can't relist until the problem is resolved.  Now I give them 3 days then I cancel the order and relist.  I relisted an item just last week because of a non payer, and ended up getting $30 for the item.  The buyer complained on about the 5th day wanting to know why I cancelled his order, and I bluntly told him "no pay, I cancel.  Have no patience for buyers who don't pay nor communicate". 
Dave

pbghmike77

Turn on your unpaid item assistant. They have shortened that window to 48 hours and it automatically opens a case, closes it for you after 48 hours and relists it.  I run primarily BIN so I dont have a lot of issues.

tubaman

I haven't had issues with non-payers, but what does annoy me is the number of buyers who don't leave feedback.  I like to know that a buyer is happy with an item and feedback both confirms that and closes the deal.
I never know if I should leave feedback for a buyer before they have confirmed receipt, either through feedback or message - what are other's thoughts on this?
:)

wds

I get maybe one out of four that leave feedback.  I used to chase them down and ask for feedback, but stopped.  As a Seller I always leave feedback for a buyer as soon as he pays - I wish the Buyers would also take the 5 seconds to leave feedback for the Seller.
Dave

HarrySmith

I always wait until the buyer leaves feedback. I also put a note in each item I ship about feedback, both telling the buyer I will leave positive feedback from them after they leave it for me and also a little about the seller rating system asking for all 5 star ratings. Lastly my note states if you can't leave positive feedback to contact me and I will make it right. So far I think I only had one or two that did not leave feedback.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

tubaman

Quote from: HarrySmith on August 06, 2019, 08:19:12 AM
I always wait until the buyer leaves feedback. I also put a note in each item I ship about feedback, both telling the buyer I will leave positive feedback from them after they leave it for me and also a little about the seller rating system asking for all 5 star ratings. Lastly my note states if you can't leave positive feedback to contact me and I will make it right. So far I think I only had one or two that did not leave feedback.

That sounds like a very sensible approach and I may well adopt similar.
:)

HarrySmith

I will try to find my note on my home computer tonight and post it here. Just to give you an idea, you can read it and make it your own.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Telephones_etc

Quote from: HarrySmith on August 07, 2019, 07:24:32 AM
I will try to find my note on my home computer tonight and post it here. Just to give you an idea, you can read it and make it your own.

Please do, I often have the same issue! Thanks  :D
"The day will come when the man at the telephone will be able to see the distant person to whom he is speaking."

-Alexander Graham Bell

HarrySmith

I could not find the original on my computer so I took a picture of what I include in every eBay package. Pretty poor copy now that I am looking at it, I may have to redo it! I have had very good response since I started this, all positive and all with 5 stars. Not copyrighted so feel free to use whatever you want from it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Babybearjs

as far as buying goes on Ebay, If I had any problem in paying for an item, I's email the seller and tell them when I would be able to pay for the item. if they wanted immediate payment, I'd cancel to transaction. Most of the time they didn't have a problem. but now, since Ebay has to collect sales tax, its changed. I also watch for upside-down listings... (postage is totally off the charts and the buy it now price is cheap) some sellers are ripping off the consumers claiming that an item has the "Overnight" shipping charge that's like 300% over the cost of the item. I saw 1 listing that was like that, and it was ridiculous! I don't sell on ebay anymore because Ebay has issues to begin with. as far as buying, I search pricing real good! and free shipping!
John