News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

holiday 2014

Started by Babybearjs, November 13, 2014, 01:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well, here we are in November 2014 and its just plain COLD outside. Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks and I'm painting inside... the master bedroom was painted in a "Midnight Blue" and it took a gallon of primer and another gallon of antique white paint to finally bring the Oak trim to life.... want to try to start painting the livingroom and ran out of paint... 2 cups of paint doesn't go very far.. anyway, with Christmas coming and all that jazz... what does everyone want for Christmas.... or is it NEED??? to start with.... I need 2 more gallons of antique white paint...   OK, now its your turn!
John

WEBellSystemChristian

For Christmas, I would love to have a nice WE Mushroom sitting under the tree, or a Rose Beige/Mahogany Brown 500...

Not that my collection isn't already enough... ::)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AE_Collector

I dont really want or need anything here. So along the theme of the topic, I wish I had completed the painting of the exterior of our cabin so that I could check it off of the list! I almost got it done through August and the first half of September. Was it ever hot here this summer, I had to plan the day of painting starting on one side and moving around to other sides of the cabin to avoid the heat of the sun as much as possible. Sweat was running down my back up on top of tall ladders for long stretches of time.

I nearly finished it before the day for our departure from Vancouver on the Pacific Princess bound for Hawaii arrived on September 16. I have one gable end that needs a second coat of "Newport Blue" and then just some various trim on the front of the cabin waiting for their coat or two of white.

Close enough for ths year, I will get at it once we get some warm weather in the spring. It looks decent for now and will be 100% for next summer. No check mark yet but an easy check mark for next years "to do" list.

First picture is "Before" and then a bunch of "during". The last is "almost complete" at the back.

Terry

Kenton K

If I had to ask for anything, it would be an acceptance letter from a university.
Kk

paul-f

Nice work, Terry.

Maybe Santa will bring you another window or two for the second floor so you can enjoy the view.   ;)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

dsk

Kk:
I dont have a clue about what you want to study.  take a look at these 2 pages:
http://www.uio.no/english/
https://www.nmbu.no/en

You will be surprised about how lo cost it is.

I dont actually need anything, but a birthday telephone april (10) 63 would be fun.
A complete prepay 3 slotter for restauration and testing, not to look nise, but to understand every part of it. would be another nice thing.
Or the very best a local 1960'ies or earlier payphone. (never seen one for sale)

dsk

dsk

WesternElectricBen

In Minnesota, the snow is a flyin' and the temperatures are low. Not fun, although I don't take it as far as some people who are literally mad.

Terry, that's a nice looking cabin you have their.

Ben

Greg G.

Quote from: Babybearjs on November 13, 2014, 01:30:10 AM
well, here we are in November 2014 and its just plain COLD outside. Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks and I'm painting inside... the master bedroom was painted in a "Midnight Blue" and it took a gallon of primer and another gallon of antique white paint to finally bring the Oak trim to life.... want to try to start painting the livingroom and ran out of paint... 2 cups of paint doesn't go very far.. anyway, with Christmas coming and all that jazz... what does everyone want for Christmas.... or is it NEED??? to start with.... I need 2 more gallons of antique white paint...   OK, now its your turn!

I NEED you to come over and paint our interior.  We'll feed you well and appreciate greatly!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Quote from: paul-f on November 13, 2014, 01:08:33 PM
Nice work, Terry.

Maybe Santa will bring you another window or two for the second floor so you can enjoy the view.   ;)

Those pictures were all of the back and the sides of the cabin. I'll put a "during" picture of the front below.

That upstairs window is a dormer with a closet and a bathroom in it besides the small window just outside of the closet. There is only one bedroom and the second bathroom upstairs. There is a larger window into the upstairs bedroom on the side of the cabin. You can see it in the picture of me up at the top of the ladder.

Thanks Ben,

Briny, I see the plan coming together now, then you will want me to come over and paint the outside!

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on November 13, 2014, 04:45:12 PM
In Minnesota, the snow is a flyin' and the temperatures are low. Not fun, although I don't take it as far as some people who are literally mad.

Ben
We don't have snow here in Wisconsin yet. We had a few flurries last night, but it didn't last long and quickly dissappeared. All of our trees are bare, and it's really boring without snow (I like snow, until early January...).
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Greg G.

Quote from: AE_Collector on November 13, 2014, 05:11:55 PM

Briny, I see the plan coming together now, then you will want me to come over and paint the outside!

Terry

Help me with other projects and I'll let you off the hook for painting. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

I only run on Meyers and/or Mount Gay Rum.

I always remember a guy at work telling me about "moving day". He had a truck lined up from the rental place, half a dozen friends lined up to help and dozens of cold beer of all types on hand.

He goes to the rental place and they have messed up his rental, no truck available. But one should be back soon. Then there was delay after delay until they finally had a truck for him hours later. He raced home in the truck as they were going to have to work like crazy now to get everything moved after the long delay.

At home he found half a dozen drunk friends not ready to move anything! Every time I think of him telling that story I start to laugh.

Terry

Greg G.

Quote from: AE_Collector on November 13, 2014, 09:08:27 PM
I only run on Meyers and/or Mount Gay Rum.

Terry

My favorites!  I have my own truck, and there's some stuff up in that attic room that would have to be moved and sorted. 
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Babybearjs

.....and now, a word from our sponsor.... Thank you Home Depot....
John