News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Brass Fire Extinguishers

Started by Doug Rose, December 06, 2014, 09:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Another casualty was my collection of Brass Fire extinguishers. Some were made into lamps, other props to hold phones. I kept my two small ones and the rest are going to another collection.

This is one that is bothering me as I have never seen one like it. Anyone have any knowledge on these. 

Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

This is one with BELL SYSTEMS On bottom Face Plate....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

That screw in cartridge must have contained both the acid and base needed to pressurize the water tank. I remember those from the 50s. One time use device. Sodium bicarb if I remember well. Once turned over and activated, the contents, all of the water, streamed out the hose. No on/off device. Should be a handhold in the bottom for upside down use. And, only a thin stream water hose type of extinguisher. That one may be newer than the hand pump extinguisher which would be a bit more problematic to use, and I don't remember seeing those, in my grade school hallways. But the bicarbs were everywhere, and if knocked off the wall mount, would create a different type of problem. Interesting bit of nostalgia for me.

Doug Rose

Kidphone