News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SC wall phone not ringing

Started by Karen, August 07, 2012, 06:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

You could try adding another .47 cap in parallel or inserting a resistor in series with the ringer.

Larry

stub

Larry,
       That's probably why A and K were not being used on her phone.  After checking 2 or 3 I finally got a good one  and it works fine . The leads are a little long but are fully insulated.
       She can use just the cap in her phone, across A and K , and see if it will help her ringer.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

poplar1

Stub, I doubt that the capacitor in the network is too low---though it may be defective---because millions of other C4A ringers have been used with the 425 network's capacitors. Did you try it with the bias spring set for lower tension?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

stub

poplar1 ,
             Yes on the lower tension and yes on the probably bad , shorting under the load. As Larry suggested, I put another .47 mfd. in parallel with A and K and it stopped the problem and rang very nice and loud. It might not help Karen's frequency ringer but if she needs this SL ringer I would suggest she put one in also because I did have the same exact problem using the network  A and K .
             How much of a frakenphone will one AE .47mfd. cap. make this SC ?   Later, stub
Kenneth Stubblefield