News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How do I open ATC Snoopy?

Started by markosjal, December 09, 2016, 04:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markosjal

I just bought an ATC Snoopy phone looks like Japanese components inside mounted on a plate and more "NYC" ear and mic elements along with a very ceap handset cord that is all streched out.

However I have removed snoopy from his perch for a good cleaning and can not figure out how to open him after having removed four screws .

I would prefer to avoid Breaking him

Thanks

Mark
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Kpkube

Kpkube

If it's this one remove his tail. There is a screw under it

Kenton K

I think mines had screws on on the bottom.

markosjal

I do not thyink the tail comes off, it looks like all one piece. Maybe the spot on his back does??

markosjal

you are right . small hole there for easy removal

Phonesrfun

Throwing a phone real hard against a hard surface always seems to work.  Ask any UPS driver who has ever delivered a beautiful phone to a collector.
-Bill G

Babybearjs

the 4 screws on the bottom open him up, as for the body.....there is a 1/8 IPS treaded rod and nut that you have to remove to take the figurine off the base, Woodstock is glued in place, only snoopy is removable.  putting it back together is a bit of a challenge.... trying to reattach the nut is hard when you're trying to hold the thing together and trying to thread the nut on at the same time.... once back together, just tighten the nut snuggly and you're set. the TCI library has the wiring info on the telephone part of the unit.... Good luck.
John

markosjal

Quote from: Phonesrfun on December 09, 2016, 08:52:25 PM
Throwing a phone real hard against a hard surface always seems to work.  Ask any UPS driver who has ever delivered a beautiful phone to a collector.

A hammer is good to