News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New eBay description for rotary telephones

Started by mienaichizu, December 03, 2009, 07:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanna

gothic ??? art deco ::)    o well i still like the phone.....but what make is it?  i might have to bid, even tho i hate ebay. 8)
donna

LarryInMichigan

It's definitely not north American.  It looks European or possibly Australian.

gpo706

This fits the bill from dsk's wife's favourite:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/dsk/Telephone/EB_automat%20-67/?action=view&current=EB1932.jpg

Same body as a GPO 300 series deskset, with different ribbed handset.

CB blanking dial but no idea what the base is it's sitiing on.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

McHeath

Odd that qaz-trader would use such a description.  Whoever this is had all those nice mint condition external plastics for 500s and 554s early this year.  (Still kicking myself for not buying the aqua blue 554 kit, I think he wanted 15 bucks for it)

bellsystemproperty

It looks like my Australian PMG phone from the phone show. I'm pretty sure my dial isn't original, but it works fine, and the phone was only two bucks.

McHeath

Great phone, and only 2 bucks, what's not to like?

bellsystemproperty

It's a very cool phone. Next year at the phone show perhaps they'll have some more PMG phones. PMG made a phone very similar to the 500 but unique in its own way.

contraste

Quote from: bellsystemproperty on December 04, 2009, 01:06:00 AM
It's a very cool phone. Next year at the phone show perhaps they'll have some more PMG phones. PMG made a phone very similar to the 500 but unique in its own way.

I lived in Australia in the 70's and 80's and remember that PMG was the acronym for Postmaster General which was the Australian government's post office and telephone agency. It was later split up and the telecommunications division was privatised and is now known as Telstra.

PMG did not make phones but were supplied by established telephone manufacturers.

dsk

I believe it is a British or Australian (Did I say something wrong?) Erikson Magneto like this
The handset/cord may be replaced with a newer.

dsk

bellsystemproperty

Oh I didn't know that. I thought PMG made their own phones. Thanks  ;D

contraste