News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I am a New Member to your Forum - Doug Rose AKA Kidphone

Started by Doug Rose, December 29, 2009, 11:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

My name is Doug Rose and I am a new member of your forum, but not a new collector. I have worked in the Telecom/IT/Systems industry in Boston for the past 30 years. I have also been collecting telephones for the past 30 years. Coincidence? I collect telephones, porcelain signs and telephone go withs from the 1890's to the early 50s. At this time, I am a member of both the TCI and ATCA. It is refreshing to see a forum about Vintage telephones, that actually discusses vintage telephones! I wasn't sure where to place this, so since I am a collector, Collector's Corner was the winner. I see some familiar names and hope to make more names familiar......Doug   aka "Kidphone"
Kidphone

HobieSport

Hi Doug and you are most welcome! Wow, thirty years of phone collecting! I've only been at it for a year so I'm just an amateur. We would love to see pictures of your collection posted anytime.

This is indeed a great forum full of good talented folks. We do mostly talk about phones here, but there's also some room for many other interesting subjects in the off topic section.

-Matt
-Matt

Dennis Markham

Welcome Doug!  It surely is great to have you aboard.  The experiences and knowledge you bring will enhance the forum and our learning experiences.   Feel free to post often and talk about your collection.  I think I can speak on behalf of everyone when I say that the members are open to seeing and discussing new things---in fact welcome them.  In my case I have only been at telephone collecting a relatively short period of time and will benefit from your input.  As you said in recognizing a few names, there are some experienced collectors that participate regularly and share their knowledge too---which is what makes this hobby so enjoyable.

dsk

Welcome Doug
As you probably have seen we are a few from outside America too charing your interests.
This makes us (at least me) learning a lot of telephone history.

Best Regards from Norway
dsk

C*NET: +47 2 776655

Phonesrfun

Good to see you here Doug, your's at least is a familiary name to me.  Welcome aboard!  We look forward to hearing from you.

-Bill Geurts
-Bill G

ntophones

Hey Doug!
Welcome! I'm new to phone collecting, but, love it and really enjoy this forum! I know you will, too. Everyone is very nice and willing to share their knowledge and information about phones and other things. What a wonderful addition you will make to this forum's family of phone collectors!
--nto
--nto

Dan/Panther

Doug;
Welcome, please post photos and comment often.
Did you pick the name Kidphone, when you first started collecting, or a play on KIDROCK ?
I've been collecting for about a year or so, been interested in phones all my life, but never collected more than a couple at a time. Now in the past year I've accumulated about 75 of which 25 are on display. Most are in working order.
What I like about telephone collecting, is you can see real results fast, not like other hobbies where they crawl along so slow, you have to take photos to see the changes, plus you don't have to be an engineer to work on them.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

Welcome to the forum!  Glad to have you.  I am pretty new at this, only been at it for about a year.  I must say that 30 years at it is very impressive.  Glad to have you.

Also, the pics a little small but that looks like a nice mid-century ranch in your avatar.  Looks like you have good taste all around!!

-Tom
- Tom

John S

Doug Rose

Thanks to all who have made me feel very welcome. I have added some pictures of my phone room as you have requested. Kidphone came from all the Boxers of the 50s and 60s who had Kid before their name. Who can forget Elvis in Kid Galahad. For you young guys, not Elvis Costello.....thanks....Kidphone
Kidphone

Doug Rose

more pics
Kidphone

Doug Rose

more pics
Kidphone

Doug Rose

more pics
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Sorry folks...I could only get one per email....Kidphone