Main Menu

Red alert, red alert!

Started by JorgeAmely, November 15, 2010, 09:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

Finlover is at it again.
Jorge

bingster

Now I feel like an idiot.  I enlarged the photo, and then tried to click the thumbnails. ::)
= DARRIN =

AE_Collector

Quote from: bingster on November 15, 2010, 11:28:46 PM
Now I feel like an idiot.  I enlarged the photo, and then tried to click the thumbnails. ::)

Click this link then look at thumbnails all you want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Western-Electric-500-rotary-dial-telephone-phone-RED-/190466689844
( dead link 03-04-22 )

Terry

gpo706

I have one the same but it has fingerprints on it.

I'd be scared to take any of his out the box and tarnish it.

Seriously, thats a beautiful job, amazing.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

cchaven

That's an amazing looking phone!  It definately is striking..nice job!

Jeff

finlover

Thanks, boys!!

We'll see how it does.  I had a red soft plastic '57 that only brought $59 and a red '68 that went for over $900.  I'd love to get $150 or so.

finlover

JorgeAmely

Quote from: finlover on November 16, 2010, 10:29:28 PM
Thanks, boys!!

We'll see how it does.  I had a red soft plastic '57 that only brought $59 and a red '68 that went for over $900.  I'd love to get $150 or so.

I remember the $900 red phone. It almost made Dennis cry. It went to Japan, right?
Jorge

finlover

Right!  A retired Sony executive won it.  I think the winning bid was like $720 and before I could even send and invoice he tacked on an extra $200 for shipping!  The only contact I ever had with him was about a month later when he sent me an email saying that his accountant wanted to know how much he had paid for the phone.  I wish I had that kind of money--to spend 900 bucks on a $50 phone and not remember it!  Oh well, domo arigato. ;D

cchaven

Quote from: finlover on November 17, 2010, 06:59:23 AM
Right!  A retired Sony executive won it.  I think the winning bid was like $720 and before I could even send and invoice he tacked on an extra $200 for shipping!  The only contact I ever had with him was about a month later when he sent me an email saying that his accountant wanted to know how much he had paid for the phone.  I wish I had that kind of money--to spend 900 bucks on a $50 phone and not remember it!  Oh well, domo arigato. ;D

Wow..that's a pretty amazing story.   Definately someone that didn't have to worry about a few hundred $$ being tossed around!

Jeff

Dan/Panther

The Japanese have tons of disposable income when it comes to what they want.
My ex and, I bred shelties and the average price for a very nice show quality puppy was $2000.00, 12 years ago. We sold one to Japan, no questions asked for $8000.00 and the guy came to California and personally picked it.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Greg G.

Quote from: bingster on November 15, 2010, 11:28:46 PM

Now I feel better.  I wasn't the only one!   :D
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e