"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ANTIQUE BLACK STROMBERG CARLSON ART DECO THEATER THEATRE PHONE 6347-S1

Started by Pourme, August 05, 2019, 07:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

~

This is the title on the EBAY offering. I watched this auction.

I know technically it isn't a proper "phone". I am a fan of SC, and I love the look of the SC phones of this era.  The starting asking price was $20.00. Seller reduced the price to $15.00 and sent me a "private offer" of $14.00. Shipping was $10.50. I PM'd the seller and asked if they could confidently ship this piece without damage to me for $10.50, they assured me they indeed could do so. I noticed screws on the front that look non original and some missing screws on the back. I told the seller that as a collector i noticed this. I explained that I would take a chance at $10.00 plus shipping if they were willing.They seemed excited to pass it on to a collector and we made the deal.

Weather or not it will ever work again, it will look good cleaned up and on display with my other SC pieces! The piece looks to be cosmetically, in really good condition. I gave them the warning about isolating the handset from the body. We will see if it arrives in tact. 
Link to auction: https://tinyurl.com/y3s7xzs5 ( dead link 03-21-21 )

I searched TCI, CRF and the internet in general, I couldn't find out any information on the piece at all.

This is only the second phone I have purchased this year! I retired and am working in a grocery store, phone hobby cash is not as available as it once was around here.

I'll post more when it arrives!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

They are cool looking phones Benny. They do clean up great. Certainly can't beat the price...Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

Thanks Doug. SC made some eye catching designs. I love the lines on this one.

Can't wait to clean it up and admire it.

(that sounds odd to say)
Benny

Doug Rose

Quote from: Pourme on August 05, 2019, 08:27:54 AM
Thanks Doug. SC made some eye catching designs. I love the lines on this one.

Can't wait to clean it up and admire it.

(that sounds odd to say)
Benny....not at all, that is what a telephone collection is for....to admire it and watch it grow....Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Gary

tubaman

I would have gone for that one-- especially at that price!
It should clean up really nicely. A very stylish phone indeed.
:)

Pourme

I had to look up SC1211 to see what you have, Gary. Those are two nice phones. The one with the dial shroud is a good look!

I love the style of most of the SC phones of that era. 

Thanks, tubman....can't wait to get my hands on it!
Benny