and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I Just Won a Moss Green (Soft Plastic?) 591

Started by LarryInMichigan, October 19, 2010, 10:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310261121054
( dead link 11-03-21 )

I wonder why nobody was interested in this.  It appears to be soft plastic.  The feet have been replaced, but I would think that it would still be worth more than $12.  Anyone want to trade a med blue for this :)

Larry

KeithB

It's my fault.  I'm trying to stay away from eBay for a couple of weeks.  ::)

Dennis Markham

That did fly under the radar, Larry.  Those appear to be original foot pads.  The switch from suede covered to feet neoprene occurred in late 1958.  Good buy.

baldopeacock

That phone was on my watch list, but I wasn't watching when the auction ended or you might have had some competition.    :)   Congrats on the win, that's a great catch at that price.

HarrySmith

No, it's my fault. I am banned from buying phones since I bought the truck ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

ESalter

I usually keep up with what soft 500s are on ebay, but I missed that one too.

HarrySmith

At that price I would have jumped on it! I have a couple of Green 500's but no soft ones ;)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

LarryInMichigan

QuoteI have a couple of Green 500's but no soft ones

With this one, I will have two soft plastic moss green 500s.  Maybe I should convert one of them into a lamp ;D 
Harry, maybe we can arrange a trade.

Larry

HarrySmith

Would love a trade but I do not have a Med. Blue one yet either :)

So far in soft I have Black, White, Beige, Lt. Blue and Rose Beige only.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

jsowers

I totally missed it too. Note on the 591 (second picture) that Bell System is not on the logo on the housing. The 591 was made for other telcos to buy, supplied without a ringer. Note also the ringer looks to be different, possibly a frequency ringer. The loudness adjustment isn't sticking out from underneath. It may need a ringer transplant, but otherwise it looks great to me. Nice original cords--and both are there. I already have several 591s. You definitely got it at a good price.
Jonathan

LarryInMichigan

QuoteSo far in soft I have Black, White, Beige, Lt. Blue and Rose Beige only

That's all Harry?  Besides this phone, I have one red, one green, and a few black.  Maybe we can still work out a deal.

Larry