News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Scitec TT Phone with flashing red light

Started by HobieSport, May 09, 2009, 12:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

I just bought this and know nothing (yet) about Scitec phones. Here is some quoted info on it and a couple of pictures:

"The Scitec 2510D is a single-line, sturdy desk phone with double-gong ringer, BIG RED message waiting light and data port. Scitec standard 2500 sets are designed to operate in the most demanding work environments. In the office, at the warehouse or plant, on military bases, and throughout local, state, and federal government properties, Scitec 2500 sets provide the performance expected of these classic, workhorse models.

Product Features:

* TWO LINE/DATA CONNECTION PORTS
    * Visual ring indicator
    * Single Line Operation - Single-Line Desk Set
    * Message Waiting Light and Visual Ringing Indicator - Large Red Light Indicates phone ringing or a message is waiting.
    * Heavy Metal Base
    * Sturdy Double-Gong Bell Ringer
    * Data Port - Provides access to the telephone line for optional connection to modem, fax or answering machine
    * Handset Volume Control - Volume control on handset steps through three available handset volume levels Normal/Medium/High
    * HI/LO Ringer Control

Scitec
      1212 E University Avenue
      Urbana, IL 61802"

foots

Cool phone. I never heard of that brand before.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

McHeath

If you go to fivestarphones.com you can find these.  They are interesting to me as I like these late model copies of classic WE phones still being made.

Would like to see inside it.

HobieSport

Quote from: McHeath
Would like to see inside it.

I'll post pics of the innards here when it arrives.  I haven't found much info yet on these phones and I also had never heard of them.  I just found it by accident while searching for an early black WE 2500.  I really like the red light.  It may become my second daily driver for when I need the touch tone keys, along with a good early 500, 'natch.