News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Very expensive trimline

Started by MagicMo, July 12, 2013, 10:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

Can someone tell me why this sold for such a high price? for parts? I don't understand. Am I missing something? 23 Bids? Why?
Thanks, Mo

VINTAGE-YELLOW-GOLD-TRIMLINE-WESTERN-ELECTRIC-DESK-WALL-TELEPHONE-PARTS-REPAIR

Link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230984367456
Practice Kindness :)

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

deedubya3800

It was two bidders, and the loser is no longer registered. Something was fishy. The phone was relisted, but then ended early, supposedly due to an error in the listing. I don't know what was going on there.

baldopeacock

Quote from: MagicMo on July 12, 2013, 10:47:27 PM
Can someone tell me why this sold for such a high price? for parts? I don't understand. Am I missing something? 23 Bids? Why?
Thanks, Mo

I dunno, but I have its twin on the wall in my garage and mine's in better shape.   I will be happy elated delirious  to accept just $100 from anyone who didn't win this auction and is feeling broken-hearted.   Save $2.50!

zaphod01

Wasn't there a big article on vintage Trimlines in TCI's Singing Wires this month? I think the were looking for 1964-65 models. The heart of the article was about a prototype.

I think the screws on the bottom were replaced by riviets on later models.

Not my cup of tea but to each his own...
"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

TelePlay

The eBay listing photo, for posterity.

Starting bid was $0.99 on may 20th and it sold for $102.50, the first time, on May 27th. Was then relisted at $0.99 on June 2nd  and immediately canceled, as noted above.

WesternElectricBen

My 10 button trimline all that is all original, was only 50 bucks..

Ben

ESalter

Ben, just out of curiosity, is yours marked 1220A inside the handset, or does it happen to be one of the elusive D numbered sets from the field trial in Chicago?