News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

"Untested" Panasonic 616 - how risky is this?

Started by RotarDad, January 26, 2012, 10:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpo706

Quote from: TelePlay on April 23, 2013, 08:37:59 PM
Quote from: RotarDad on February 07, 2012, 01:11:33 AM
My Ebay 616 just arrived today for $47 shipped.  It was offered as-is, untested and no returns.  Armed with info from this thread, I asked the seller if the unit powered up and if the lights on the front panel came on, which he confirmed.  I took the risk, and the unit works like a champ!  My kids tested all 16 extentions.  Thanks again to all who chimed in, and to Doug for posting the manual link!  Now I'll have to get busy running some additional wire......   Paul

I'd say ditto to this. After reading this and the post put up by Twocvbloke titled "Yay, . . . ", I took the leap and bought a "powers up but can't test it further" unit for $39.99 plus $15 shipping. Arrived today and all extensions work. Lot of info in these links about the 616, programming phones and manuals. Thanks to all who chimed in to make this and the other thread an invaluable resource for deciding how to buy what.

(Unfortunately, the cheapest KX-T7130 phone for programming I have found so far is $88 with free shipping)

No - I took a handy hint from 2CV - try "Easa Phone" or just "Panasonic"
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

TelePlay

Just tried that and nothing came up. Have been through Google looking at well over 15 sources and sellers for this phone and nothing under $88 except for one used phone with no warranty. I suppose I could have waited and watched eBay for one to come up but I wanted one quickly to test my 616 and when time is short, as they say in the theater, throw money at it. They seem to have been selling on eBay for about $40 including shipping. My impatience got the best of me but thanks for the tip.

This is the auction I wish I would have won but it ended in the afternoon when I was at work and I forgot all about it.  A 616 with three 7130s for $5 plus $42 in shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221214952426

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: TelePlay on April 24, 2013, 08:19:46 PM
Just tried that and nothing came up. Have been through Google looking at well over 15 sources and sellers for this phone and nothing under $88 except for one used phone with no warranty. I suppose I could have waited and watched eBay for one to come up but I wanted one quickly to test my 616 and when time is short, as they say in the theater, throw money at it. They seem to have been selling on eBay for about $40 including shipping. My impatience got the best of me but thanks for the tip.

This is the auction I wish I would have won but it ended in the afternoon when I was at work and I forgot all about it.  A 616 with three 7130s for $5 plus $42 in shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221214952426

I won that auction, and I  wasn't their to bid on it though I just put on a bid. You can vew my post on find of the month!

Ben